two. his red-eyed savior

Start from the beginning

However, miracles do exist. The heavens have heard his silent prayer for a somebody.

The sound of a mob's anguished cry reached his ears. He flinched at the unexpected. Fearful, artic eyes gradually opened to reveal a figure standing right in front of him. Like a cob on a stick, their black blade pierced the skeleton's skull.

As the figure swung their blade, the child gazed in awe and fear, the sound of the crunching skull being sliced in half like butter made him wince. It was a macabre sight, but it didn't stop there. He looked around to see the undead corpses from before caught up to him.

Tommy gazed back at the person, hopeful eyes pleading for help, and they seemed to get the message as they gazed at him over their shoulder, crimson red eyes meeting ocean eyes.

'Techno? No, waitthey don't have pink hair and a hog mask either.' The blonde boy got lost in a deep thought upon meeting their gaze.

The person shifted their attention towards the undead corpses, on their soft growls. They grabbed the hilt of the second blade that was hooked on their waist. With a dark, enchanted blade on each hand, they lunged the monstrous creatures.

Tommy stared intently, watching the person attack with such grace. Their blades cleaved themselves through the necks and heads of the undead corpses with ease.

Each slice was precisely moved. The way they moved through the army of zombies, one by one hacking them to their death. Tommy had the impression that he was watching a graceful dancer glide and waltz beneath the moonlight. It was such a morbid sight yet beautiful all the same.

The person's gaze was drawn back to the blonde boy. His spine shivered as he met their steely gaze. Despite the initidmating aura shrouding them, something about this stranger made Tommy feel like he could trust them.

"You know, you shouldn't be out here."

It was a woman's voice, and hearing it made him feel nostalgic for some reason. Strangely enough, it reminded him of Sadie.

'Could you be her?'

Tommy gazed at the woman as she removed the hood that had been draped over her head. He could make out a pair of crimson red eyes and long raven hair thanks to the moonlight shining through the branches and leaves of the big trees.

Maybe he got his hopes too high. This woman wasn't Sadie. In fact, she looked nothing like her.

She lacked Sadie's bright, warm hazel eyes, which radiated pure happiness and life. Her hair was also a lot lighter. Her eyes were were indeed red in color. It wasn't simply because of the moonlight reflecting on her irises.

"You do realize it is rude to stare boy." Her voice was cold as ice. Definitely not Sadie.

"Iuh, sorry. It's just thatyou reminded me someone." Tommy fell over his own words as the woman spoke to him. "Thank you for saving me woman."

"You're not one of them, are you?" She ignored his blabbering, her eyes becoming colder by the second.

"One of who?" Tommy tilted his head in confusion. "Are you talking about Oneiros?"