|| Chapter 1 ||

Silent tears were streaming down her cheeks continuously

Silent tears were streaming down her cheeks continuously. Her pale cheeks were red by continuous crying and also due to her anger towards her elder sister. It doesn't mean that she
hates her sister, she can never hate her because her sister, Priyanka had seen her like her own daughter and treated her like a baby from childhood.

Even though she don't know the reason for her sister's action, she knew there must be something serious that led her to do that. Everyone is bitching about her action but Piyali can never do that because she loves her sister so much though she betrays her.

"Gudiya."

Piyali stopped crying and turned around to face her father who was looking at her in guilty.

"Papa." Piyali ran towards her father carrying her heavy lehenga and broke down in his arms.

"Gudiya...please stop crying. Your papa can't see it." Manohar said in a heavy voice suppressing his cries.

"I..papa..I don't want to marry him." Piyali literally begged him.

Manohar closed his eyes in pain hearing his daughter's plead. Piyali is his world and he can't afford her pain. But now he is in the worst situation and he doesn't have any other way other than making Piyali the bride.

"Gudiya look at me." Manohar said breaking the hug but Piyali just stood, hiccupping.

Manohar sighed, cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears.

"Gudiya..please forgive your papa. I didn't have any other option to save our family's reputation from degrading." Piyali understood her father's words. She knows that her neighbours are waiting for a chance to bitch about their family.

"I know papa...but...I am scared. He is very bad." Piyali said remembering Reyansh's pitch-black eyes which has the power to crush her. She literally shivered thinking about him.

"Baccha."

"Maa." Piyali hugged her tightly. Priyank who was watching all this felt angry with his parents and Priyanka.

"Gudiya...my pyaari Gudiya, you are my strong girl right," Ramya asked softly. Piyali sniffed and nodded.

"Haan, so stop crying and listen to me."

"Baccha, Reyansh is a very good man. He will take care of you nicely and also his family is also good. They will treat you like their own daughter." Ramya explained hiding her own fears.

She is also scared for Piyali as Piyali is just like a small kid. She was treated by everyone like a glass doll. And so she doesn't know how she will deal with Reyansh and his family and is afraid thinking that they will misbehave with her for Priyanka's actions.

"And Gudiya, if they behave badly with you, just call your bhaiya okay. I will deal with them." Priyank said.

Piyali nodded and hugged him tightly.

"I will miss you bhaiya."

"I will miss you too." Priyank mumbled blinking his tears back.

"Manohar ji, pandit is calling Piyali....

                               ~___________________________~

Piyali was taken to the mandap by her brother and cousins. As she reached the stage, her body started shivering on seeing Reyansh's broad frame. Nandini smiled and held Piyali by the shoulder and felt her shivering.

"Piyali relax. My son won't eat you." Nnadini joked. Piyali looked down in embarrassment.

Nandini made Piyali sit beside Reyansh. Piyali pulled down her veil some more on feeling Reyansh's scrutinizing gaze.

Reyansh looked away from his petite bride and controlled his anger. His thoughts were on Priyanka's betrayal and also considered Piyali like her sister.

Next Pandit asked the bride and groom to stand. Reyansh stood up and saw Piyali who was struggling in her big wedding dress. Letting out a sigh, Reyansh held her forearm and made her to stand. Piyali become flushed and looked at him with her big doe eyes surprised by his action.

When Reyansh's friend came to lift him up, he glared at them as he was not interested in having fun. Rehansh took the varmala and put around Piyali's neck. Next was Piyali's turn. Kajal gave the Varmala by giving a sad look to her. Piyali held the garland tightly and stood on her toes as her hands only reached his shoulders.

Reyansh was enjoying her struggles with an evil smile. After few seconds, Piyali felt to cry as her feet started paining. Nandini who saw this, smacked Reyansh's head.

"Bend down." Nandini ordered. Reyansh's jaw tightened in anger.

Without saying anything, Reyansh bend down and Piyali made him wear the garland.

Next ritual was Kanyadaan. Manohar wiped his tears, took Piyali's small hand and placed it on Reyansh's broad one.

"Please take care of her. She is my world." Manohar pleaded glancing at Reyansh.

Piyali started crying while Reyansh gave a curt nod which made Manohar tense.

Piyali's hand was sweating. Reaysnh felt this and looked at her. Piyali gasped and squirmed in her seat, feeling scared by his gaze.

"Sit properly or I will throw you in that fire." Reyansh warned as he got irritated with her action.

On hearing his words, Piyali gasped in shock and sat like a statue. She closed her eyes and tears started falling.

Now it was the time for saptapadi. Reyansh and Piyali took seven vows around the fire. Later, Reyansh tied mangalsutra and filled her maang with sindoor thus making Piyali Vedant as Piyali Reyansh Raguvanshi.