The Sandwich phenomenon

Inspired by chuuyas_knife on Tiktok

It was a chilling afternoon in spring. The wind was blowing hard against the windows in the city of Yokohama.  It was filled with people shopping or going to work, even the kids were out giggling and chasing each other around. The sound of joy and laughter was soothing. Your train of thought was interrupted by your sweet and loving boyfriend of ginger hair, Chuuya Nakahara. He was off from work that day and decided to spend it with you. For someone who works at the port mafia, a personal life was hard to maintain but you understood.

"Y/n, I'm making lunch, would you like to eat anything before we go to the grocery's?" Chuuya hummed, waiting for your response. "No Chuuya, I'm not really hungry at the moment." You responded. The living room and kitchen went quiet, no noise of the utensils in the kitchen making a sound. You heard footsteps approaching you from behind before you felt a strong hand grab your neck from behind. "Chuuya... is that...you?" Struggling for air you asked hoping to hear a response, or at least a sound of another life form.

You felt a heavy breath right behind your ear as you scratched at the hand around your neck, you knew by the feeling of leather it was Chuuya. "Eat the fucking sandwich." Chuuya whispered into your ear before you felt your mouth forced open by pieces of bread spread apart from each other.

Shoving the sandwich deeper into your esophagus. You could feel him grin at your ear as you choked on the sandwich while tears were forming in the corner of your eyes. "Aren't you a good girl...?" He whispered once again into your ear. He released his grip from your throat and smiled at what he considered art. He deeply chuckled at your pain sounding sinister like Lucifer. He then proceeds to walk away to the door, almost out of site. "I'm going to go get some groceries, be a dear and don't die..." He asked before closing the door.

You fell to the ground struggling to understand what had just happened; gasping for air as you attempted to gag back up the sandwich stuffed down into your throat. What just happened in the matter of minutes? Has he done this to anyone else? Most likely yes, but why you? Has he done this to you before, and If so, why don't you remember...?

.

.

.

.

.

You heard the front door open as you were cleaning up the kitchen. Chuuya, for some reason seemed happier than usual. His demeanour was off putting, as if he was drunk and quickly sobered up so it would look like he wasn't out drinking... yet loopy at the same time. He waltzed inside your shared home as if he didn't try to kill you just hours before.

"Y/n, how was the sandwich I made?" Chuuya asked, almost humming it. He was standing right in front of the kitchen counter while you were, what he assumed; daydreaming. As his question snapped you back into reality, so did your thoughts.

Chuuya repeated his question while you were left utterly baffled by the fact that he didn't remember forcing the sandwich down your throat like a child taking cold medicine. "The... the sandwich tasted great sweetheart..." You finally responded, showing a fake smile right after.

Chuuya menacingly approached you, placing the bags of food on the counter.  He placed a hand on the left side of your cheek, rubbing it. "Good, I'm glad that you liked the sandwich." He commented, placing a kiss on your forehead. He proceeded to start packing out the groceries, humming like a child.

You were so terrified, your thoughts jumbled up with confusion and more confusion. How can a loving man like that just have a burst of anger and completely act like he did nothing, then again... he does work for a dangerous organisation, but that still doesn't explain why.

Sandwich... Why...?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry that you had to read this. I was writing this really late at night and was barely alive to fully focus on my grammar and spelling. This is so sad i'm sorry. My burst of motivation was within 2 hours.

-Elle (tired)