Chapter 2

-Continuation of the previous flashback-

"How did you fall for Minju, Wonyoung ah?"

-Flashback in a flashback-

Wonyoung's  pov

"The pretty girl messed up a lot, right Wonyoung?"

I couldn't stop looking at the as her grade was announced and she was put in D.

"Yeah, but she didn't do that bad."

In fact she still looked amazing, in my opinion she just needs confidence. I mean a goddess like her shouldn't feel down.

My train of thoughts were interrupted by Kahyeon unnie.

She proceeds to whisper something in my ear.

"You're drooling, Wonyoung ah, You're making it look like it's your first time seeing a beautiful girl."

I just laughed nervously, at least I didn't look gay by staring at her too much.

-Flashback ends-

"Hold up, you have had a crush on her since produce 48?!?"

Yena was shocked as Wonyoung nodded.

"Is it like love at first sight?!?"

Wonyoung glared at her unnie.

"Let me finish the story then and maybe you'll know how I fell for her."

"Oh, sorry sorry, please continue."

-flashback proceeds-

Still Wonyoung's pov

I'd be lying, if I tell myself that I didn't want to be in a dorm with Minju shi, Because I do and I think it's stupid that you get separated by groups. I mean, do I just get close with people in my grade?.

-Time skip-

I haven't thought about her these recent days, because the group evaluation is coming up and boy am I nervous. Selected Leaders are picking members now, oh my gosh, I hope she becomes my teammate.

So A random draw would pick a trainee and that trainee can pick members she wants to be group with. I hope I get picked, because I will pick her with no hesitation.

"The center member get to pick before any of you do, so Miss Miyawaki please step forward."

Oh, I think it's only fair though. I mean if she picks her, I hope she picks me too.

"I first picked, Lee Chaeyeon."

Okay, not bad, picking one of the best dancers.

"The second member from class B, Motomura Aoi."

A fellow groupmate I see.

"Kim Minju."

Oh my, please pick me, please pick me.

"Kim Cho Yeon."

I am praying right now, please pick me. Let me be the last pick.

"Kwon Eunbi."

Wow, I never thought I'd be such a sore loser for not being picked.

After that I got picked by Yujin unnie. I got even more devastated that they'll be our rivals for the evaluation, I mean I am being played by fate right now.

"Yah Wonyoung ah focus!"

I was getting scolded by Geun unnie, our assigned Leader.

"Are you okay? You seem to distracted."

I couldn't answer her, I mean I just kept staring at the girl in our rival team. I can't possibly tell them that, that's the reason I can't focus. It sound ridicolous.

"I'm sorry unnie, I'll try harder to focus this time."

I practiced hard, I lessen my admiration towards my crush, at least until this evaluation is over.

So long story short, we won the battle as we had more votes. Boy was it hard because part of me wants her to win, as you may already know she's lacking confidence.

"Good job guys! We have the voting advantage now!"

Every one was celebrating, but I needed to go to the bathroom.

I made my way there, and I saw her crying in the mirror. She quickly wiped her tears and smile at me, but she can't fool me with that.

"Minju shi, it's okay."

She looked down.

"We lost because of me, you guys were the better team."

"What do you mean? You were amazing! I couldn't take my eyes off you, because you did so well."

Oh on, that sounded like a confession, quick revert it now Wonyoung!

"I mean, why blame yourself when you were so breathtaking to watch?"

She suddenly hugs me! Oh my gosh, my heart is beating so fast, like Gowon's rapping!

"You're so kind to me, I almost lost myself. Thank you Wonyoung shi."

I can't form words in my mouth, My heart is still Gowoning for goodness sakes!

-Flashback's Flashback ends-

"Nobody noticed your moment with her, because nobody saw it."

I just smile sadly.

"Our interaction in Pd48 was never recorded. But at least I get to hide my feelings for her."

"Tell her now, because many people like her Wonyoung ah."

"I want to take your advice, but she likes Yujin unnie."

"How are you sure?"

"The way they interact with each other."

After those words left my mouth I felt so bitter. I hate how they look at each other in the eyes, it makes me sick. I was at her lowest, but How come I am not with her at her highest? How is this fair?

"Wonyoung ah, you're destroying the bottle with how tight you're holding on to it."

I didn't even notice how angry I am, I just laughed it off.

"They're not together Wonyoung ah."

"Oh they will, soon."

Yena scoffs.

"I don't know, why you're giving up. But you better stop that, because you're pissing me off."

"Why don't start doing something instead of doing nothing and staying here like a damn loser you are right now?"

Wow, that hurts but she's speaking facts.

"As far as I am concerned none are pursuing each other, so why give up? Why not make her fall for you instead?"

"Why not try to win? You have not lost yet, and where did you even get the she likes Yujin part huh?"

I just looked down. I am anxious.

"I can see it in her eyes, you know Yujin unnie has always been better than me."

Yena slaps me, ouch.

"Geez, you're too insecure just talk to her for fucks sake."

I was jaw dropped at what she said. she's playing too much online games.

"All right fine, I'll try okay?"

Yena unnie started smiling and pats my head.

"Good, don't chicken out okay?"

-End of flashback-

"Funny how I regretted my actions, after following your advice."