Chapter Two: "August" Boy

I want to thank you for reading this even though I only have two chapters (now) and that this isn't popular. I just want to say I'm not expecting this story to get popular but I'm thankful to everyone who reads because I love writing. Well enjoy the chapter!

August

I got up that morning wanting to scream. The pain from conditioning for cross country yesterday killed. I groaned as I awoke from my decent sleep of 7 hours. I was out late and didn't get home till 1 a.m. last night, resulting in me not having the time to get much sleep. I had to go meet some friends at the gym at 9, so I had very little time to eat and get dressed. I looked at my face in the mirror and figured, eh...I'm going to the gym anyways. So I just slipped on some shorts and a black tank before heading downstairs to make a quick protein shake. Within 30 minutes I was out of the house and off to the gym. When I got there, I met up with Liam and Peyton. Liam was good to have as a friend because he was your typical flirt. He could hook you up with anyone. He also happened to have the best grades out of my group of friends. See, Liam helps out many girls with "tutoring". In other words, he used his gifts to his advantage. He's pretty classy with his 'handsome' looks (as most girls would say) and 'sparkling eyes' (again as girls would say). To me he was a sturdy, good looking guy that happened to have blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. And he was possibly tan... Which apparently girls really liked. Then you have Peyton, the typical jock. The guy probably played every sport possible. His grades though...? Ya... We excepted him for who he was though. Tough. But stupid. Still, great guy to have as a buddy, especially when you need help getting onto a team for sports. I could always trust Peyton to get me into what sports I wanted (not like I couldn't on my own). I greeted both of them with 'man hugs' and we went to go lift weights.

"So Liam, I heard you and Rebecca really hit it off, eh?" Peyton asked Liam, getting into his business.

"Um.... Ya she's uh...-"

"Absolutely hot," Peyton cut in.

"Yes. But... She asked if I would tutor her and I figured she meant the same thing every other girl means when they ask me to "tutor" them," he began explaining after finishing a couple sets and giving me a turn. "I thought 'yea sure, she's pretty fit'. But she actually wanted to study..." he went on.

"Wait, so nothing even happened?" I asked confused.

"Nope."

"But..." Peyton was confused as well.

"She wasn't interested at all. It was actually quite awkward," he told us.

"She's been telling everyone you guys hooked up though," Peyton informed him.

Liam cussed under his breath when it finally came to me.

"Oh...you know what? I remember! That Rebecca girl is the one that's never even kissed a guy! She's innocent as hell," I began.

"So?" Liam asked.

"So... She has raunchy friends. They made her bet to hook up with you. I guess they figured you were an easy one for her to get to because I mean, your both smart as f-"

"Wait! She was using me?" Liam tried to understand the conversation.

"Ya... Pretty much. I know it's your first but I bet you'll get over it," I patted him on the back. "Anyways, she didn't even do it with you. She just told everyone so that they'd believe she did," I finished.

"Oh..." Liam tried to understand. After a couple more rounds of weight lifting and talking about Rebecca, we headed over to other types of machines. I did pull ups while waiting for the other guys to finish on the 'crunches' type of machines. Then after they were done, I took one of the machines and they did pull ups and push ups. It took a while, but I was starting to break a sweat. As I was finishing out a round of sit ups two pretty fit girls walked past us and I could see Liam's and Peyton's eyes all over them. Personally, I didn't find girls that attractive when they were disgusting and sweaty, but other guys seamed to. Their gym wear fit them quite nicely, I do have to admit. But when a girl smells just as bad as me when I'm working out, it's not sexy. When we finished our rounds, I headed over to the treadmill and they decided to go to their other machines. It helped using the treadmill when it came to running. I pulled out my iPod and headphones and jammed out to Imagine Dragons (one of the best bands on the planet).