I Remember (Dazushi)

Start from the beginning

  "Aaa, I'm dying, Atsushi!" Dazai announced, a dramatic hand to his forehead. "My mouth feels so cooold!" He complained. "Atsushi." His voice suddenly seemed to get all serious, causing Atsushi to stiffen.

  "Uhm- uh- yeah-?" Hoping the other would ask him for like something warm to eat to help his teeth. Obviously this was a big deal for Atsushi. He assumed everyone's teeth and gums were like his.

  "I need the warmth of your mouth to make mine feel better."

  ...

  Huh.

  Atsushi blinked a few times. Obviously seeming caught off guard by what he said. "Wha- that's not funny."He huffed.

  Dazai's face never changed. "I'm serious." He took a few steps up to the boy, getting very very very close to him. Leaning his head down. Atsushi's heart was pounding. "Kiss me."

  "You- want- you- kiss- lips- like-" Atsushi's head was spinning. He was very easily flustered and- when such a thing happened it was hard to actually- comprehend situations like that. Dazai gave a little smirk.

  "Aaa, Atsushi's so cute when he can't form words~!" Dazai chimed happily and backed up. Like he didn't- just do what he did...

  Atsushi pouted and stuck his popsicle in his mouth, in an angry way, accidentally shoving it too far and gagging, quickly taking it out and coughing. He wiped his mouth and looked back up.

  ... why was Dazai staring at him like that? The brunette looked- well, Atsushi wasn't sure how to describe it. He looked a little surprised maybe? Also like he was half zoned out, like day dreaming. Maybe- like he wanted something? He really wasn't sure how to describe those eyes. And in the moment that Atsushi had stared back at him, his expression changed instantly to a bright happy smile. "Well cmoooon! I don't wanna be out here longer than I have to!"

  Dazai took Atsushi's hand because Atsushi's hands were, for some reason, always cold. Atsushi frowned and simply followed. Why was the other acting so off today?

  He bought him ice cream. Made a joke about kissing him. That look... holding his hand. And- actually went out on a mission. During this heat, he almost always refused to do so.

  As the two approached the river bank,  Dazai looked around as they got there. The same river bank where Atsushi Nakajima had met Dazai Osamu for the first time. "Your lips look really chapped." He said out of nowhere.

  Atsushi tilted his head and put his hands in his pockets. "Ah- I don't have my chapstick..." he frowned.

  "Here." Dazai leaned down, sticking his tongue out and moving closer to him.

  "Hey-hEY- what're you doing!?" Again with the flustering Atsushi... what was Dazai trying to do here?

  "Whaaat? You always pick at them until they bleed. Commonnn, mouth to mouth contact would help solve everything!" He pouted.

  "Thats for boyfriends to do!" Atsushi huffed. They were not boyfriends. Because Atsushi is dense.

  "Then be my boyfriend." Dazai grinned. He decided to just out right say it since the other didn't seem to get it any other way.

  "T-thats-"

  "I'm not joking." He already knew Atsushi would think that. Atsushi had a hard time believing anybody liked him. Even as friends at first, he was so happy every time he was referred to as one. That's why almost everyone in the agency, including Kunikida, would often refer to him as that.

  But Dazai wanted to refer to him as something more.

  Imagine if... Atsushi wouldn't mind if he and Dazai got together on his birthday. That was- the best possible birthday gift he could've asked for!! "Soooo~? Whadya sayyy~?" Dazai grinned.