"Let me get this for you" he said as he grabbed my hand bag from me.

What the hell.

"What are you doing? Give me back my bag" I whisper shouted. We were close to the office building where I parked my car and the onlookers hasn't even dispersed infact they were gradually becoming a crowd. Very annoying.

"I want to get some stress off you, you don't have to worry, I've got you" Damon assured

"People are staring Damon" I whisper shouted again.

"Then let them stare, I don't care. I take care of my woman the way I want and carrying her bag is not an exception" he shrugged as if it was no big deal.
My cheeks heated up when I replayed his sentence in my head "my woman... His woman" .

As expected I invited him in for dinner not that he left anyway. He stayed in my apartment without complain when I went to make dinner. His eyes followed me everywhere, it was funny because if I moved to the other end of the kitchen he would fully enter the kitchen to monitor me. He sure was comfortable enough because I met him without his suit and tie when I served dinner.

"This is good" He complimented the minute he took the first bite.

"Thank you" I answered shyly as his deep eyes never looked away from my form.

"Although I'd prefer you not doing..." He stopped whatever he was about to say as he met my gaze. I knew what he was about to say.

"Damon, I do things I love doing, I do what I find peace and comfort and safety in. I can't do what puts me in danger". I assured.

"I–I know I'm sorry" he said looking like a kid that got scolded.

"How are you" Damon suddenly asked. I see he was trying to get rid of the tense atmosphere that was beginning to settle.
I don't know how long we talked, but we talked about anything and everything, laughing at childhood memories and funny adult moments. Thinking it was past nine, I decided to check the time and my mouth dropping in shock as I saw it was already past eleven.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to keep you this long you should be resting by now" I said to Damon as I turned to stare at him apologetically.
He looked at the clock behind me and was also shocked at the time.
'Time really flies when we're having cherished moments of our lives eh' I thought.

"God, you're so beautiful" he whispered, his thumb grazing her blushing cheeks. He just couldn't get enough of her, he was reluctant to go back to his mansion. That place didn't feel like home the minute she left. Her presence still lingered every where.

He wanted to kiss her.

He wanted to kiss her so badly.

Avery looked at his beautiful eyes, she could see the emotions swirling in them. She could see promises in them.

Just like magnets...their faces inched closer and closer until their noses touched.
Damon waited for a moment to see if she'd turn away and when she didn't he immediately closed the distance between them. And for the second time since their last kiss, Damon's heart was beating so fucking hard against his ribcage.
They both shared a short innocent kiss that was enough to set the butterflies in Avery's stomach in motion.

They broke their kiss as breathing in air was necessary. Before Avery regained her senses, she was swooped in for another kiss. This time it was deep and passionate. Damon not getting enough of her sumptuous mouth continued his sweet assault on her lips gently coaxing them open. Avery found herself floating away as she gave in, pressed against each other closer than ever as their hands wandered all-over they both explored one another after a long long time.

*

Avery couldn't face Damon after their shared hot passionate kiss. He wanted to beat his chest like a gorilla seeing her red cheeks and swollen lips. God he couldn't get enough of those. The best kiss of his life he thought as he remembered what occured between them less than thirty minutes ago.
He wasn't ignorant of how perfect she fit in his arms like she was made for him.

As much as he loved seeing her flustered form, he at the same time didn't want to see her overwhelmed with her emotions. He knew when her emotions got the best of her she becomes closed off which was the last thing he wanted. He wouldn't dare ruin the progress that was made.

"I should leave now" Damon said to the angel in human form who had her head resting on his chest, her face furrowed in his neck. God knows he didn't want to stand up form their position. He wanted time to freeze at this point.

She took her head out of his neck still not looking at him. If he wasn't intoxicated with her scent he'd say he saw her pout.
He lowered his head to her level and looked deep into her eyes.
"I love you so much my heart. I'm hopelessly in love with you and I deeply regret every single thing I've done to you, for every thing I did to hurt you, for every precious tear you she'd because of me and for every pain you felt. I'm so sorry" Damon confessed as he went down on his knees her face still warmed up in his giant hands.

"It took me almost loosing you completely to realize I was and am worthless without you. I apologise for realising too late. I know I'm supposed to set you free but I'm selfish, I'm so selfish that I can't let you go. You mean so much to me baby I can't live without you". Avery could see unshed tears ready to spill out of his eyes as he confessed to her. She could see sincerity and pain in his eyes. She could see an assured future filled with happiness and everything she'd ever want. Family.

The tears in her eyes sprang free as realisation came upon her.
"I love you" she blurted.

A/N
My dearest readers I know I'm a shitty writer for putting this book on hold without updating or giving information about the updates and I'm deeply sorry for not replying to comments and messages. I hope you all can forgive me.

I don't know what I did to be blessed with such caring and supportive readers who comment on every single chapter even if it wasn't long enough or interesting enough I'm so so grateful. From the bottom of my heart thank you, y'all are so many to mention and I promise to give massive shutouts to you at thr end of the book which is so so damn close. I love you.
I really thought I wouldn't be able to complete this story but I couldn't just toss your time spent on reading my book aside.
Please expect the next chapter few weeks time because I need to make the chapter as long and interesting as possible for y'all.

I love you... But God loves you more

Don't forget to vote and comment🖤