Stacy POV-Perfect Friday

I was at breakfast, eating my Wheaties, when the phone rang. I guess you could call this a rare occurrence, especially since I lived in such a sleepy, small town.Nothing ever happened in Hampson, Massachusetts. And besides, everyone kept to themselves in their own little cliques,gossiping about the little events that had happened in the town. We had never been involved in any cliques, since my father, my mother and I have never been that social. But my sister, Grace changed that all.She was a total party girl, gorgeous, and had been a part of the popular crew her whole life. She was what many people called a hlut- a girl that was a slut and a hoe. Definitely not my mom's pride and glory, but she had given up on trying to train her.  My mom, Nancy, who was drying the dishes, looked at the phone and rolled her eyes.

"These stupid telemarketers, always trying to make a buck, aren't they? Even at seven in the morning!"

She sighed."Have you seen your sister this morning?"she asked.

"No,I haven't seen her since yesterday." Since Grace was a huge partier,she went to parties on the the weekend, and came back on Monday, as high as the Empire State Building. She would always reek of alcohol and weed, but would spray on her perfume to try to hide the scent. But I smelled it. Everytime. I think that was because I was observant- my dream job was to be a detective, so I learned to watch everything.

"Well, I'm going to call her. You should be getting to school."

I grabbed my backpack and walked out off the door. It was such a beautiful Friday. The sun was shining, the birds were out and singing, and dreaded winter had finally come to a close. Too bad my sister wasn't walking with me . She would have loved the 70 degree weather. I hoped she was back home- I was worried about her. Her hard partying ways could get her killed- she needed to be careful. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even see my best friend, Trisha, in front of me at the private high school.

"Hey, silly! She yelled and swept me up in a huge hug.

"Hey,Trish." Trisha was like the opposite of me- happy and bubbly, full of life- but you know what they say-opposites do  attract. 

"Come on, we need to get to class, your gonna miss the lesson walking that slow!" I speed up and walked to my first period class- Algebra. My least favorite of the whole day. I don't know when letters and numbers started mixing, but one thing I do know is texting and phones mix- especially in class. I reached into my Micheal Kors tote and grabbed my iPhone:

Hey Grace r u at home? Come to school! Love ya!

"Mrs.Stacy, is that a phone I see?" said the teacher, Mrs. Ellie.

"Uhhh, nope. I'm paying 100% to the lesson!" I squeaked out nervously.

"Keep it that way."

She continued until the bell rang and I checked my phone-still no text from Grace.

.........

I continued through the day till we were at lunch. Trisha and I found a two seater table and pulled out the salad the cafeteria was serving today.

"Well, one more class left, I said with a sigh. the the bell rang, signaling the last class of the day.

My last class was social studies. I tried to focus, but it was just to hard. I was exhausted and worried, and just wanted to go to bed. Finally, the bell rang, and I took off, running home. I opened the door, and sat down the couch. My mom waved and smiled at me. But then the phone rang again and my mom groaned. I watched her as she picked it up. As she listened, her face turned a ghastly white. She made a noise like she had just been punched in the stomach. And then she hung up.

Ahaahha,  I'm making it supensful. C=