✍️Kira's rival

Start from the beginning

I looked down at my hands, tear drops fell on them from my eyes.  Bianca raised my chin and wiped them off before she hugged me and said;  "I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I know how hard it has been, but remember the time Edrin married you the second time, there was a fire in your eyes but now, that fire has disappeared and you have began accepting all his wrongdoings again. He hit you and you forgave him".

"Sometimes, I ask myself the same question Bee, when did I throw away my identity? Was it when The prime minister begged me for forgiveness or when Beatrice begged me to take care of her son? For some reason, I quenched my own fire when I saw my enemies getting burnt. I don't know myself anymore..."  I cried some more while she consoled me.

"That's enough, we are going to see Prince Jared".  She said happily, her enthusiasm is contagious.

  She held my hand and shoulder to support me as we both walked through the castle hallway to Jared's chamber. But when I was about to knock, he suddenly opened the door. I was about to greet him when my eyes caught the sight of a young beautiful woman almost my age, inside his chamber. Her dress was on the floor beside her and she had a smile on her face. When she introduced herself as a prostitute, I was shocked and somehow disappointed in Jared. I know I have no right to tell him what to do with his life and I most certainly cannot tell him not to be with a woman especially since I am with Edrin but it still hurt me seeing him with a woman for the first time.
  After Bianca and I left, Jared ran after us but out of nowhere, Edrin came out and held my hand, then kissed me on my lips. Jared had to move back and return to his chamber.

THIRD PERSON POV
Jared sat at the table with Victor, Hector, Vethruk, Vena and his other trusted men, Richard and Derrick. He had a scowl on his face which only Vena understood. He was angry with her and she knew it but they did not discuss the topic at the table.

"Hector, what did you find out about Empress Zhin Xhi Lan?" Asked Jared suddenly, with his eyes closed.

"She is a lover of classical music, your Majesty, particularly a special type of Aakhian melody adapted from ancient Zhiding, titled master of the ballroom. She has four daughters but no sons, her first two daughters were married off to Princes of the very distant empires of Egyptus and Norgianxhi. Rumor has it that she is preparing her third daughter for marriage but no one knows who the groom will be yet..." 

"When did this rumor begin?". Jared suddenly cut Hector short.

"About a week ago". Answered Hector after some seconds.

Jared got up and walked up the wall near the door, with his back facing the rest of them. Everyone in the room watched him, wondering what was running through his mind. He then turned to them and said;
"I know exactly who she is going to marry her daughter off to, Edrin."

"What?" His men asked surprisedly.

"The regent mentioned in his letter that Grayson has gotten abnormally close to the empress and from the description Hector gave of her, she uses her daughters as tools to gain more power, that is why she marries them off to sons of Emperors and Kings of different nations. Grayson is very much like her except he has a son whom he is willing to put in the clutches of any powerful princess just to gain more power. It is clearer now".  Said Jared.

" But Edrin is still married to Kira". Said Richard.

Jared looked at him... "Grayson put Lila here for a reason, that was to poison Kira slowly until it was time for her to deliver the baby. Then she would become weak and lose her life, it is all a well though out plan, but Edrin loves his father too much to see the truth. We will have to save Kira from all this..."

"Why do you need to save her? She chose her fate when she married the Prince. Why do you feel the need to protect her?"...
This time was Vena who spoke up, the jealousy inside her was brewing like a storm.