Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

I just have prepared myself to nod and smile during those- really every conversation that I have today.

Walking up to the venue, it was good to see that Kylie at least kept the theme that we had both discussed months ago.

Stormi's World was a dope ass concept. I even created some merch around it to fit the theme so if she would've changed it I lowkey would've been kind of pissed.

Entering the party, the atmosphere was great. Plenty of people were here already and the music was blasting. Just good vibes all around.

Until people started to realize that I was here.

I don't know if they thought I wasn't going to show up, but I definitely didn't feel welcomed in the space.

I wouldn't have minded it if they were subtle, but I walked past a group and they literally stopped talking.

The feeling of being ostracized at my own daughter's party is fucking ridiculous.

This shit was like high school.

That's why I wish I had family that truly cared about me so I could have some type of comfort in these situations.

Or even friends that I could invite.

Ashaley and Brandi couldn't come for very obvious reasons.

Emaza and Saiyr turned fake out of the blue so they weren't options anymore.

Uzi and the others were busy.

So it was really just me surrounded by Kylie's friends and family. The majority of them I didn't know, but they definitely knew me.

For both right and wrong reasons. Mostly wrong though at this point.

"Hey hun," My eyebrows raised at the hand that was placed on my shoulder. "How are you?" I looked down seeing Kris. Who locked her arm with mine, starting to lead me through the party.

"I'm ok," I said truthfully. "You?" I asked the older woman who responded enthusiastically, continuing to lead me around.

"If you're curious, I'm taking you to the back where the immediate family is," I unintentionally let out a low groan. Luckily I don't think she heard it though. "I talked with the girls beforehand and we all agreed that today is for Stormi. So hopefully it will be smooth sailing." I nodded as she finished talking.

"We're just going to snap some pictures really quick, then get the party started." I nodded once more as she let me go once we turned the corner.

Spotting Kylie with Stormi in her arms, I passed Kris fixing my hat as I approached the two girls.

I hadn't spoken with or seen Kylie since December.

She was doing literally everything possible to avoid me these last few months. Which isn't surprising at all.

Just kinda crazy to think about.

"Storm- Storm," I called out, getting the toddler's attention. "Hey, baby." A smile arose on my face as she squealed and reached for me. Damn near flipping out of Kylie's arms.

"Happy birthday Stormi" I grabbed her from Kylie. Peppering kisses over her face, hearing the giggle I loved so much exit her mouth.

"Ma- ma, ma." She struggled to talk but I got the gest.

"I missed you." I feel like I say that every time I see her. But shit I still wasn't used to not being with her every day.

Two days a week was not cutting it.