Pt.1

Photo credits for the cover to Pinterest please lmk if you know the og artist! Now to the story!😼

your child is a little boy named Kato change it if you want idgaf.

Your POV
I felt exhausted. The night before I had gotten home late from the extra shift at work and barely got Kato to bed before I was out cold. But I knew I had to make sure he gets the best chance at a future so he doesn't have to struggle. He deserves the world and if he wants to go to school or not it's what's best for him. So shaking off my thoughts I got out of bed and went to Kato's room to get him up and ready.

"Good morning baby, gotta get up for school ."

I said while gently rubbing Kato's back and pulling the sheets off his small body.

"Mmhm.. I'm too tired." 
Kato tried debating, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

" I know honey but I'm tired too and we're gonna push through together okay?" I reassured him.

"Okay."

"Now get ready for school I'll make some food and we're gonna head out. Oh and you are gonna have to take the bus this afternoon again I have a meeting with my boss and will probably be home later than usual."
I gave him a quick rundown of the day.

" late home again?" He asked disappointed.

"Yes. I'm sorry baby but you know I have to otherwise I wouldn't even work and I would just stay with you all day. But I have to work and you have to learn, just know I love you very much ok?" 
I reminded him.

"Ok.." Kato replied.

I left his room and went back to mine to get ready for work, As a mother myself, I hated that these pretty revealing uniforms were for a 'family restaurant' but there's not much I can do about it so I just put a jacket over my pyjamas and went to the kitchen to make a small breakfast. Checking the fridge and grabbing eggs and bacon I made a mental note to get groceries soon.

Kato and I ate and cleaned up and went down the elevator of the small complex to the parking lot and hopped in the small car that I tried my best to keep in good shape and dropped Kato off at school, giving him a goodbye kiss on the cheek and a hug wishing him a good day at school, I head off to work.

I changed into my uniform and after a long boring day of taking orders and cleaning spilt drinks of customers I made my way to the bosses office and gently knocked on the door hearing a loud 'come in' I opened the door and closed it behind me. Sitting down, I asked what he wanted to see me for.

"Sir." I said slightly bowing my head "you requested me?"

"Well,  you see Y/N, we are going to be rebranding and remodelling...." he paused.

"...Yes?.." I continued

"Basically, we aren't going to be a 'family restaurant' anymore if you catch what I'm throwing.."

he still was quite vague.

"So what are you trying to say, sir?"

I asked, my heart dropping into my stomach, my guts tying into knots.

" Well we understand you are a mother...and, you probably don't want to be known as a mother who works at a... mature, business. So, we decided we are going to let you go..." he finally said.

"Wh- BUT SIR-" I tried to say, holding back tears that started to choke me, my face flushed and hot.

"Now Y/N it has been an honour to be your employer, let alone work with you, so we are giving you a small bonus before you go and here is that included in your final pay check.." he paused sighing " we really do wish you the best, goodbye Y/N."
He finished sliding the envelope containing my check across the scuffed surface of the desk.

"Im- good-bye, sir." I barely was able vocalise keeping my head down I grabbed the envelope shook his hand turned in my uniform and name tag and left for the final time..

Hopping into my car, it finally hit me, how would I keep up with bills and keeping Kato in school if I didn't have a job? Not to mention we needed groceries soon, I suppose I should start looking for work but I need to not show it so that Kato doesn't need to worry, I'll take him to get groceries when I get back but after that I really need to save-

"stop."

I put my thoughts to a halt

"I- no, WE will get through this. Kato is staying in school and I am going to get work again. I know I will. Y/N you are a bad ass, THE Baddest AND a MILF- shit! I gotta get home to Kato!"

I yelled out, speeding off back to the apartment complex downtown to get home.

"Kato! I'm so sorry baby! I lost track of time and- OH!"

I started to apologise but cut myself off in surprise as I rounded the corner to see, 'This can't be real, this can't be for real?! Kato and myself's all time favourite hero?! Just there? Casually sitting and taking to my kid?!' I thought while frozen.

"Oh! Hey! You this Little Rock's mom? Gotta say he's a pretty cool kid!"

"Red riot?!"

Hello!
This is your author this is the first story I think I actually want to commit to as the world is starting to get moving again and it's summer for me I will be able to take time for this story please let me know if you have any ideas for the story or opinions on the writing style itself see you soon thank you!