Orientation

I get to school 10 minutes early and sit down next to the varsity hockey team. Nobody ever notices that I'm there because I'm always quiet.

-——————————Time Skip——————————-

"... We have all made a change for the future. So, today after much debate ob both sides we proudly open via full scholarships to a truly gifted group of student athletes. So , will you please join me in giving a big rousing warrior welcome to the gold member winners of the Juinor Goodwill Games..." Right as Mr Buckley was about to finish that sentence the red curtains start moving and we hear screaming. it begins to rip and we hear people falling to the group. Everybody begins to laugh as we hear somebody coming out of the curtains and say "Hi... we're the ducks..." I look at all the people huddled in the curtains and i notice a boy staring at me. He was the same boy i saw in the hockey rink. Number 44 Fulton Reed. He was staring into my eyes as he smirked. Look like he remembered me too. I did a small smile back before they were escorted off of the stage. In front of me i hear a boy with a southern accent say "well darn, that put a real good expression on us ducks" I usually wasn't the person to talk to people i don't know but for some reason i say to them "i think it was an amazing first appearance." He smiles back at me. "People call me Dwayne and you are?" he asks "I'm y/n nice to meet you." "nice to meet you too y/n"

It was now the end of orientation and as i stand up Dwayne calls me over to talk to him. He was with the people that fell on the stage. "Hey there y/n. Meet my team. Over there is Guy and Connie the 'love birds'. Then that's Charlie the captain. Then Avermen the jokester. Then Luis, Russ, Ken, Banks, and Julie the Cat." I look at the tall boy that hasn't been announced yet. "Oh yeah sorry i forgot about Fulton. And that's Fulton." he finishes. I look at Fulton for a while before moving back to reality. "Hi everybody I'm y/n I hope we can be good friends" Everybody smiles at me. Finally a place i can feel welcomed at.

We discuss about what classes we have for a while and i find out i have Connie, Guy, and Fulton in my first hour. Banks in my second hour. Fulton in my third hour. Charlie in my fourth hour. Then I'm with Banks again in my fifth hour and sixth hour for my two AP classes. "Looks like you and Banks here are going to be spending a while together." Averman says jokingly while smirking and elbowing Banks. I just chuckle. Time went by so fast that it was already first period.