2

"We had the stars, you and I. And this is given once only."
― André Aciman, Call Me by Your Name

Sebastian.

Sebastian and his family sit on the bleachers of the small stadium, watching his younger sister play soccer. 

"Wooo! Go Emilee!" His mother cheers. Emilee and Sebastian's father has a proud expression on his face as his daughter shoots the winning goal into the net. 

Everyone in the bleachers stands up and cheers for the team and their children. 

The team on the field huddles together and celebrate, smiles illuminating their faces.

The team rushes to their families to celebrate and get on the busses to get lunch before their next games. 

Emilee approaches her family, all sweaty and smiling, her brown hair pulled back.

"Great job out there kid." Davey, their father, says and pats the small girl on her head.

Their mother pulls Emilee into a large hug while going on about how fast Emilee was on the field and how the last goal she shot was the best one out of the entire teams.

Sebastien congrats Emilee and removes his phone from his back pocket. There's a long list of messages he ignored from during the game and a few missed calls.

"You comin' dork?" Davey asks and directs Seb to the busses by his ear.

"Am now."

The busses take them to an Italian restaurant due to the coaxing of the team boosters and chaperones. When the team is told about this they cheer and many discuss what they should order.

Lindsey, Sebastien and Emilee's mother, tries to make conversation with her son but Seb shuts her down.

They arrive within 15 minutes and immediately Sebastian rushes out of the doors of the bus, advancing through the painfully cold wind to the doors of the restaurant.  

He waits for his father to exit the bus and tells him that he has to use the bathroom.

Instead of actually using the restroom, Seb locks himself in the room and savors the peace and quiet. 2 Days straight of children screaming and being hyper has been a living hell.

In the other room, the large group of children and families settles at tables and some head into line.

Sebastien exits the bathroom, preparing himself for the chaos of his party.

"You have to order before you can go run around with your friends, Emilee." Their mother scolds Emilee. Emilee gets a frustrated yet eager look and stomps around a bit.

Annoyed, Sebastian removes his phone from his pocket and starts scrolling through his Instagram feed.

Sebastian's skin tingles in a way as if signaling someone's watching him and he turns to his left, meeting eyes with a girl about his age.

It's as if the world just stopped spinning and froze for a solid minute. The girl is beautiful. She has shiny blonde and brown hair, an angular face, and pretty brown eyes.

For a second, she smiles. Dimples form on her cheeks and her eyes seem to glimmer. Seb turns away in fear he might fall over. 

His heart seems to be beating out of his chest and he feels his cheeks warm to a light pink. Sebastian tries to focus on his phone to forget about the situation, but can't.

It's as if his whole body is aching to look at the girl again. His mind is running a mile a minute.

He glances in her direction and sees she's still looking at him.

They hold eye contact and Sebastian tries to stay calm. The chaos around them seems to dull. The girl looks at him almost longingly.

The girl breaks eye contact as she is approached by a middle aged women, probably her mother. The girl smiles and takes the tray her mother handed to her. Sebastian watches closely as she makes small talk.

Eventually, it's Sebastian's turn to go and eat, so he does. He follows his family, trying to forget the beautiful girl. 

Sebastien rushes through his food, hoping to be able to talk to the girl before she leaves. Ask her name or anything that could help him to find her again. There's a connection between the two of them, he can feel it. 

When the girl gets up to leave, Seb does also, claiming he wants to get on the busses before the rush of people.

The girl turns around one final time and looks at Seb, holding his gaze. He feels a chill run through his spine but ignores it. And then the girl exits.

Sebastian rushes after her, not wanting her to leave so swiftly, but by the time he's pushed through the group of people entering the restaurant, she's entered a car. It's impossible to track down which one and Seb surrenders to the truth of the situation.

He's never going to see her again. 

Or so he thought.