James laughed and said, "Oh, he's going to have a blast."

                   He turned around and saw Remus and Peter standing behind them. Calypso thought about the mandrake leaves in their mouths and how they'd be able to hide it from Remus. The leaf made everything she ate taste horrendous. She sadly thought about all the butterbeer she wouldn't enjoy drinking at the Three Broomsticks.

                   "Where should we go first? This is our first trip to Hogsmeade, we need to make it count." James asked the group.

               "Oh! I brought a list of things I need." Calypso dug into the pocket of her robes. She pulled out multiple pieces of crumpled parchment while the boys watched her, looking mildly amused as Calypso opened the papers. "That's a doodle I made during Charms . . . that's the answer to the riddle . . . oh, look! It's my Transfiguration homework — I should do that — and here it is!"

                Calypso held up the list triumphantly. She unfolded it and placed the rest of her parchments back in her pockets. She unfolded the list.

               "First stop, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop!"

               "Quills?" James repeated. "You want to buy Quills?"

               "Actually, I need a new quill too. I broke mine." Peter said quietly. Remus turned to him.

              "How?" Remus asked.

               "I sat on it." Peter blushed.

                "Excellent!" Calypso said happily. She looped her arms with Peter and led her down High Street. "You'll thank me later for this, James."

                 "I won't." James gasped dramatically as they entered Scrivenshaft's. There was hardly anyone inside since most of the students preferred to go to other shops when visiting Hogsmeade but Calypso didn't mind. James lingered near the exit; Peter went to find his own quill; and Remus followed behind Calypso as she marveled at a pretty red feathered quill.

                 "Fun fact," Calypso said, glancing back at Remus, "Scriven is an English surname derived from the Middle English word scrivein or Middle French word escrivain, both meaning 'scribe'."

                  "How do you know that?" Remus asked amusedly.

                   "My mum bought me an Etymology book for my birthday this year." Calypso said. She gasped at the blue and bronze quill set she found. "Perfect! And, look, it comes with matching parchment."

                   Remus, James, and Peter followed Calypso around as she led them to Ceridwen's Cauldrons and Spintwitches Sporting Needs. After she got them into J. Pippens Potion's, she decided to let them stop by Zonko's to satisfy James.

                   He practically skipped through the threshold of the joke shop and wasted no time plucking items off the shelves.

                   "This will be perfect to use against the first years." James smiled evilly as he looked at some type of exploding blue powder. Calypso turned her head and caught sight of the most recent object of James' affections standing with three of her Gryffindor friends.

                   Calypso didn't speak to Lily Evans much — for no particular reason other than the fact that their paths really hadn't crossed — but she was very familiar with Calypso and her friends. She was best friends with Severus Snape, which Calypso didn't understand, and James had  been asking her out since the end of second year for some reason unbeknownst to Calypso.