29

"So they keep money out here?" Pope asked as John B sped towards the location the women had given them.

Brenna sat in the back behind the drivers side, looking out the window trying to figure out where they were. Kiara right beside her, who's hand was on the girls thigh.

She could tell that Brenna was in her head and not really paying attention to what was actually going on.

"That's what she said," JJ shrugged from the floor where he sat beside Pope.

"That's what she said," he repeated with a chuckle.

"Stop," Pope shook his head.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Brenna finally spoke up.

"'Cause you're not from here," JJ pointed out. Brenna glared down at him.

"You've never heard of it either," Kiara shot at the blonde.

"Thank you," Brenna looked over at Kiara.

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Sarah observed from the front seat, looking out the window.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like...," JJ tried to come up with something before he was cut off by police sirens.

All four teens in the back looked out the back window.

"Cops? Out here?" Brenna question still looking at the car, beyond confused.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ groaned.

"What did we do?" Sarah questioned.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B looked over the chair at JJ with worry.

"No. Okay?" JJ defended himself, "Everybody told me to leave it back at the place!"

"Thank God," Kiara sighed, relieved the blonde listened for once.

"How much weed do you have on you, J?" Brenna questioned when he opened his bag to stuff the gold in it.

"He's walking up," Pope warned as JJ shoved his bag under the seat.

A gun cocked in the drivers window, making all six teens freeze.

Defiantly not a cop, Brenna thought to herself.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands in the air?" the masked gun holder shouted. John B raised his hands.

"All y'all's hands up in the air now!" he shouted looking back into the van. Everyone raised their hands, fear rising in all their bodies.

Brenna and Kiara looked at each other, then over at JJ and Pope, all of them confused and worried.

The masked attacker kept yelling instructions, John B listened and exited the car, coming around the side of the van, sliding the door open.

"Let's get out the car! Let's go!" he shouted as the four teens shuffled out of the back on the van, hands still in the air.