Prologue

Sydney Drew didn't know back then that she could get passionate about her job at the SPD, that she'd love it so much, take it so seriously than her popstar gig.

Maybe it was the other rangers. Maybe it was all of them together as a team-- the way they evolved into finer specimens.

It had been a few years since emperor Gruumm was taken down, and a few months since Commander Cruger got promoted and the stoic Sky Tate had taken up his place at the Delta base.

And Bridge. Bridge had to become the Red ranger.

Sydney recalled the flow of events and smiled

Sydney recalled the flow of events and smiled. For the first few weeks, it felt like red wasn't made for Bridge Carson, but it did.

Sydney chuckles. She'd barely gotten used to seeing him in blue and now he'd suddenly become red. 'But he's good,' she couldn't help but think as she worked next to him.

Gruumm was gone. But doesn't mean there wasn't mayhem. Things escalated, peace was disrupted many times, and Bridge did great while battling them off as the leader.

Sydney now threw an appreciative glance at the said red ranger. He was alone with her in the command center leaning over the console, looking over the city. He looked intent, eyes narrowed in concentration and it was adorable.

To think the goofy goof Bridge Carson would be silent for about an hour--

"You've changed since you've become red..."

Bridge turned to her when she uttered those words.

"I've changed?" he questioned, but didn't say anything further.

"Yes, you've become serious... maybe it's because of the red..." Sydney smiled. "And the fact that you didn't ramble on now... that proves you changed..."

Bridge chuckled, "ah! Yes! Guess I was hard on everyone's brains back then, wasn't I? Even though I was supposed to act like one with brains... wait, I was the one with brains, considering how I could read auras and build stuff..."

At this point, Sydney laughed. It gladdened her that Bridge was the same deep down. The way he spoke now had just proved that.

"Yeah... yeah... you were weird, funny, but you always did your best. You're one of the best rangers, and you should know, I loved you back then too..."

The casual statement of hers ticked off something dangerous. Bridge stared at her quite intently.

Why is he staring? Syd was conscious all of a sudden

Why is he staring? Syd was conscious all of a sudden. "...erm... as a friend, of course!" she amended what she said with a rather loud chuckle.

"Yeah!" Bridge nodded. "Thanks, Syd." He said, and a goofy grin graced his lips.

What? Was that admiration he detected? Admiration from the girl in pink, someone he thought was adorable back then? It would be surreal if it was.

Bridge cleared his thoughts and focused back on the console.

Sydney was plunged into the most embarrassing, awkward silence she had ever endured in her life

Sydney was plunged into the most embarrassing, awkward silence she had ever endured in her life. What? Did she say something weird? Why did Bridge react the way did? She hopes she didn't come across as a crazy fan girl or something.

Well, back then it was hard to be a fan of the clumsy, buttery-toast loving Bridge, but she'd always thought of him as a friend. She always did. Even now. 

-----

AN: Bridge X Syd, an old idea of mine on the underrated but adorable couple of all time <3

I hope you liked it!! thankyou for reading!!

comments n votes r welcome