When the bell chimed signaling the end of the final class of the day, Remus nearly sprinted out of Arithmancy, racing to the boys dorm hoping to beat Greta there. 

When he arrived, the door nearly flew off its hinges and he was completely out of breath, but he did infact beat Greta there.

"Merlin, Moony. Whats up with you?" Sirius asked from where he and James sat on his bed.

"Did you sprint all the way here or what?" James laughed.

"Infact I did." he panted. "I need to ask a favour."

"Go for it." Sirius gestured for Remus to continue.

"The other night is a total blur, and I remember being up here with Gret-"

"WHAT?" James cut in.

"TALKING." Remus shouted back "when she brought me up to bed, but I have no idea what I said and I'm worried I told her I fancy her.  When I asked her today what I said she said I was just speaking a bunch of nonsense, but what if shes just saying that?"

"I see." Sirius said scratching his chin like he was in deep thought, but really he was thinking about his and James' bet and how they both might lose.

"So would you mind asking her about it. Because she'll probably tell you if I did just ruin out entire friendship."

"Oh stop youre being more dramatic than us now." James commented, referring to himself and Sirius.

"I'll ask her about it later. I'm sure theres nothing to worry about." Sirius assured him.

Remus flopped onto his bed and just seconds later the door swung open again, this time revealing Greta and Peter.

"Dinner time!" the two said in a sing-song voice, something they did nearly everyday.

The other three followed them downstairs and to the dining hall, all chatting about their days and how big of a fool James made of himself in Transfiguration when he once again begged Lily to go on a date with him.

As they approached the doors of the Great Hall, Sirius tugged Greta's sleeve gently, asking to talk for a minute in private. As James, Peter, and Remus left the two, Remus shot Sirius a worried look before the door closed behind him.

"Whats up?"

"I saw you and Remus sneak off the other nigh-"

"We didnt sneak off. He was nearly falling over so I brought him up to bed."

"To bed you say." Sirius raised an eyebrow earning a smack in the arm from Greta.

"We just talked. He was really out of it so I er-"

"You what?"

"I told him how I feel."

Sirius was actually shocked. The thing Remus was worried he did, Greta did. Why dont they just get together already? he thought.

"Wow."

"I'm just worried he remembers. He didnt really say anything back cuz y'know and I havent stopped stressing about it since it happened and it wa so stupid of me to do an-"

"Greta he definitely doesnt remember. You have nothing to worry about."

"You dont know that though."

"I do know actually, he told me himself."

"You swear?"

"I solemnly swear."

Greta chuckled and started to open the door to the hall, then turned to Sirius again.

"Oh one more thing."

"What is it?"

"He called me pretty." she smiled before turning back around and walking into the Great Hall.

Sirius grinned following close behind, completely in awe of how blind his two friends were of each others feelings. 

wc: 1081

a/n

i hope this was ok. things are gonna start picking up from here, ive sort of had these chapters planned out in my head since i started writing this fic so i hope it turns out nicely. i also have plans to bring in a minor character that you may already know, but that wont be for another few chapters still lol.

thank you so much for the support on this story, it means so so much to me. cant believe its been almost a month since i published the first five parts. seeing that people are actually reading my work has been a big motivation for me to write so thank you! ill try to update again either tonight or tomorrow xx

question of the day: what class would you want to take at hogwarts?

my answer: probably charms, dada, or herbology