After a long while, I begin to feel nauseous, Sylvia gushes about the technological advancements in the Capitol that allow you to eat, hurl and never feel full. "You know there are people in the districts that live on less than a raisin, right?" Thorn points out, Finnick kicks him in the leg to get him to stop. I can't help but understand the point he's making, we've seen the selfishness of the Capitol first hand.

Sylvia chuckles awkwardly but changes the conversations as Finnick continues to pick at his food, not taking a single bite "So," she begins, earning back our attention, "Do either of you have any special talents worth mentioning? Give me something to work with here!" Her shrill voice makes me want to stab a fork in my ear.

Finnick looks up from his plate and answers the question for me, "Just wait till you see Aurora with a trident, if you think I was good you'll be very impressed with what Rory can do. She makes it seem like it's floating on air." He exclaims, it's the first time I've heard him happy on this trip, my face flushed a beet red, Mags looks over at him in amusement and Finnick's face does the same as mine.

Sylvia clears her throat, "Do you have anything to say for our other tribute?"

The room falls into a pregnant silence as I look over in Thorn's direction, his eyes fall to his lap as I try to muster up something to say, "Addy tells me you're pretty quick-witted, that's good for survival," I point out, the other around the table nod in agreement as we try to get the boys hopes up.

Thorn shrugs, "Quick-witted and smart are very different things, I won't be able to win the Hunger Games by smack-talking everyone to death," He points out.

"That would be entertaining to watch." I muse, the rest of the table laughs as we falling into comfortable conversation. They begin to serve out dessert when the television screen flashes live to the Capitol where Caesar Flickerman runs commentary on each of the reapings, starting with District One.

The first district appears on screen, as the boy and girl get called, you can see the determination in their eyes as they reach the stage. No one volunteers for them; the boy looks like he'd rip them apart if they did. District two and three follow and then comes Four. I hear my name get called, my sisters scream, Finnick's look of heartbreak as he risings to his feet. I didn't realise how obvious me squeezing his hand really was until Caesar Flickerman points it out.

"Oh my, Mr Odair looks quite taken with that one. An ex-flame perhaps, maybe a current one? We'll find out soon enough!"

Caesar's natural stage presence and enthusiasm makes me move to the answer of my seat as if I want to know the answer myself. Then I hear Andante's name is called, Addison screams louder, Thorn volunteers. I give the boy beside me another look of gratitude for what he did for my family.

I keep a list of noteworthy tributes imprinted into my head. The boy from One, the girl from Two, the girl from Eight with a long scar down her face, the enormous boy from Seven who had a surprising amount of stubble for a teenager, both from Twelve, a timid young girl no older than thirteen and the lanky boy who reminded me in some ways of my brother.

Some of these people will the stiffer competition than others, if I want Thorn to survive, I'm going to have to work a lot harder than I originally thought. Caesar concludes his pre-Hunger Games show with a viewing of last year's victor violently bludgeoning the final tributes to death with a rock. It's bloody, but the Capitol seems to enjoy the gore of children ripping each other apart.

Dessert is even richer than the main course, I don't know what it is, it's packed full of chocolate and berries. Thorn eats so much he looks like he's about to explode, Sylvia comments on his lack of manners but Mags quickly intervened in the hopes that the boy doesn't throw a spoon at the Capitol Woman.