I chuckled before taking his hand, "How does half and half sound?" I offer, standing up and straightening the skirt of my dress, I took off the apron covered in paint and hung it up beside the easel I had previously sat at. Finnick reaches his hand up to the side of my face, gently wiping some stray paint off my cheek.

"I knew you come around." He winked causing me to roll my eyes and take him by the hand.

"You're insufferable." I scoff.

***

Ever since we were children, Finnick and I had found our solace in the Cove. The Cove was a beautiful, hidden bay towards the perimeter of District Four, it was completely untouched by fishermen and pollution. The water was crystal clear and the sand a pearly white colour, tropical trees hid the rest of the world from its shores as towering cliffs surrounded its waters. It was nearly impossible to get to if you didn't know where you were going. My father had been taking me and my siblings to the spot for years before I had met Finnick and by the age of nine, I had climbed it enough times to navigate through the rocky surroundings without breaking a bone.

We sat on a linen towel; our toes curled in the sand as we dug through whatever food we had packed ourselves for the day at school. The sea breeze wafted through my hair, tangling it into knots that would be impossible to tie back later, for now, I didn't care.

"Do you think that if we stayed here, they would ever find us?" Finnick asked me as we watched the waves gently roll into the shore.

"Of course, they would find us, Finn." I responded, burying my hand into the sand and watching the grains slip through my fingers, "They know everything."

"What if we built a boat? Or stole one even. We could sail away from Panem, find somewhere new to live. We could do it you and I." He offered, a wistful tone in his voice.

He's right of course, if anyone could, it would be us. We're both excellent hunters and could certainly find our way around, Finnick's a natural-born sailor. We could survive. Even with the ounce of weight to his theory, we both know its wishful thinking. The Capitol would find us and squash us like bugs.

"You know how ridiculous you sound, right?" I chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm serious! Captain Finnick Odair and his first mate Roarin' Rory! We'd be the most swashbuckling crew the worlds ever seen!" He said jokingly.

"Why do you get to be Captain?" I exclaimed, pushing his shoulder.

"Fine, Captain Aurora Hartley and-" Finnick paused to think of a name.

"Fish-legs Finnick?" I offered; his face scrunched up as though he'd just eaten a lemon.

Soon enough we're in the water, feeling the ocean waves lap around our feet. We're both well aware it could be the last time we ever get to feel the ocean waves dance around us, Finnick takes my hand and pulls me further into the water. The water sits at my knees, dampening the edge of my skirt as I watch a flock of seagulls in the distance. I soft smile find its way to my lips, days like this I felt at peace.

Me and Finnick, Finnick and me.

***

Addison sits on a stool in front of the floor-length mirror, she wears the same dress as I did when I was younger, a collared white number with buttons down the front. Her hair is styled in a braided bun, but the pretty outfit doesn't mask the tear that's cascading down her face.

I stood behind her wearing a white dress with off the shoulder bell sleeves that slim at the waist and flow into a loose skirt. My hair is curled in gentle beach waves, the top parts pulled away from my face with braids that meet at the back of my head. I had only ever worn heels once, finding the shoe completely impractical but today I find myself wearing slightly platformed shoes with small buckles around the ankles. A matching tear stain marks the same cheek as my sister's.