t w e n t y e i g h t

Start from the beginning

She wasn't sure what was happening but she didn't like it, all she wanted was someone to come and help her, but she couldn't walk anywhere to find anyone. Her mind began to fill with irrational thoughts, what if Dean and Seamus never spoke to me again? What if I'll never see my friends or parents again and I just die here?

She tried to stop these thoughts but all it seemed as thought it was out of her control, she took a deep breath before falling unconscious.

Draco was twisting and turning in his spot, it had been about 15 minutes since Hermione had left. It never took this long with anyone except Ron but at least then he could hear the yelling.

"I think I forgot one of my books," He lied, "I'll head back and find it." He walked in the same direction as Hermione had. Turning down one corridor then another to still no sign of Dean, Seamus or Hermione.

As he began to come closer to Dean and Seamus's dorm corridor, he saw Hermione, sitting on the window seal, rather emotionless. He sprinted over there, "Hermione? You alright?" He said feeling her head.

When there wasn't any response, panic struck him. He ran to Dean and Seamus's dorm and pounded on their portrait. When they came out, Draco pointed to Hermione. "What the hell did you do to her?!"

Dean and Seamus slowly approached Hermione, "We didn't do it!" Seamus yelled back, seeing Hermione still breathing but not responding.

"I don't care right now! Can you go back to tell her friends that I'm bringing her to the hospital wing." Draco commanded.

Dean quickly nodded his head and dragged Seamus with him, jogging slightly back to the great hall. Draco picked Hermione up bridal-style and speed-walked to the hospital wing.

He barged in and placed Hermione down on one of the beds, "Madame Pomfrey!"

The old patron quickly scurried over, "Oh dear, what happened?" She asked taking out her wand and pointing it to her head.

"I'm not sure, she was chasing after Thomas and Finnigan since they were mad at her, I came around 15 minutes later and found her sitting unconscious on the window seal. They've just gone and get her friends." Draco answered, holding onto Hermione's hand and sitting down on the edge of her bed.

Madam Pomfrey gave her some potions for her to wake up and Hermione slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times due to the bright light before seeing Draco and smiling. "Hello."

"Oh Hermione! I was so worried." Draco said kissing her on the forehead gently. Madame Pomfrey asked Hermione what happened, Hermione listed everything from doing homework, to her symptoms in the hallway to her forgetting everything afterwards.

Madame Pomfrey nodded and went off to help another patient, the doors to the hospital wing bursted open and Ginny ran in, Harry, Ron and Blaise hot on her heals. "Hermione! What happened? Are you alright?" Ginny yelled, hugging Hermione tightly.

Hermione hugged her back gently, "I'm fine Ginny, I'm actually not quite sure what happened to be completely honest, but I'm fine." Hermione answered with as they pull apart. Harry and Ron both smile at Hermione's answer while Harry pulled Ginny back.

"Thank Merlin you're alright, Mione. Don't know what we'd do if you weren't." Ron said with Harry nodding his agreement.

Hermione chuckled at the two as Dean and Seamus came in. Dean looked at Hermione with a slight smile but Seamus wasn't making eye contact with anyone in the room.

"Are you alright?" Dean asked. Hermione nodded, she was just glad he was talking to her, but all of this might just be his and Seamus's fault.

"If it's alright, can we talk?" Hermione asked.

Dean nodded immediately but Seamus was hesitant, "We'll let you guys talk." Ginny said ushering everyone except Draco out of the room, Draco continued to sit on the edge of Hermione's bed. Blaise stayed back too, waiting for Draco.

Hermione looked at Draco expecting him to leave but Draco looked at her, "I'm not leaving you right now. Talk, it doesn't matter."

"Draco, it's fine. You can leave, just come back in right after." Hermione said. Draco sighed and kissed her forehead once more before standing up and leaving the hospital wing with Blaise, glaring at the two men.

"So, are you mad at me?" Hermione asked.

Dean shook his head sincerely with a look of guilt but Seamus took a shrugged harshly, rolling his eyes.

Dean ignored his ridiculous boyfriend and nicely said, "I'm sure you're bored of the question by now and I don't want you to get worked up over it but, Malfoy?"

Hermione sighed, Dean was right so she decided to change up her answer. "Look, the person I love really is something I can't control but he's changed. However, I understand that his parent's choice of being death eaters has hurt you both and I apologise for that, he'd be glad to as well."

This clearly caught the two of them off guard as both stunned and confused expressions were on their faces. "That's not what I-"

Hermione sighed again, smiling at the two of them. "I know that this was unexpected, and I didn't even know it was happening till it was."

Dean and Seamus exchange glances with each other, before smiling and wrapping Hermione up in a hug. Hermione was confused but happily hugged them back.

After pulling away, Dean and Seamus laughed awkwardly, "It was more of a sorry hug." Dean said.

Hermione frowned, "Wait why?"

"Well because we had a look of realisation, we honestly didn't know exactly why we were mad, I guess it was just shock or pissed about not having been told first." Seamus said with a laugh.

Hermione giggled at them, "Well that's good to know, maybe let Draco back in. He might be mad now." As Dean and Seamus began to leave, Dean responded with "Will do. See you around, Hermione."

"And please get better, I'd hate for this to be our fault." Seamus added.

"Don't worry, I will." Hermione said with a firm nod. "Madam Pomfrey?" She wanted to ask why what happened, happened. Draco and Ginny came back in, Ginny sitting next to Hermione and Draco standing next to Hermione, holding her hand.

The patron came in and smiled, "Feeling better dear?"

Hermione nodded and smiled back, "Yes, fine. I just wanted know why I had blacked out earlier."

"Well I'm not sure of course, but the symptoms you've listed, causes me to believe that you might've had a panic attack, have you been feeling stressed lately? Anything that you've been feeling anxious about?"

"Well not on speaking terms with Dean and Seamus was the majority of it, but also the constant glares and comments the other people made about mine and Draco relationship." Hermione answered with.

"Well I suggest you talk to someone about it, your friends even, just help you calm your nerves. Lots of people deal with anxiety but with the right support, things can be much better." Madam Pomfrey said, smiling at Hermione. "Once you feel up to it, you're free to go." She reminded before going back into her office.

Hermione sat up, "Well then lets go guys, I'm totally fine, I'll talk to you if I need it." Ginny and Draco nodded hesitantly before they all left the hospital wing.

-

I do think how I described that panic attack was rather trashy, it's hard to put it in words but I hoped to give it more flavour and protective Draco is adorable