"i tend to stay in this corridor or the astronomy tower, so i can't say i have."

"her names umbridge but i like to call her umbitch, she only ever wears pink, and she likes to abuse children." i told him with a straight face.

"she abuses children?"

"yes! i like called her an insufferable bitch in front of the class and she gave me a detention, and then she gave me this quill to write lines with, but it really engrained the writing on the back of my hand." i said quickly.

october's eyebrows shot up and he gave me a surprised face, "you called her an insufferable bitch?"

"that's not the point!" i exclaimed while throwing my hands up.

"you're right! the point is you should go to class" he said as he directed a finger toward me in an accusatory manor.

"fine" i stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder, "if i come back later this week will you still be here?"

"sure" he gave a small laugh.

"okay, bye october!" i called out as i walked down the corridor.

"bye lexie black."

-

"hey handsome" i pecked harry's cheek as i took a seat next to him at the gryffindor table for lunch.

"hey lex" he smiled at me, "how come you weren't in dada?"

"i met a ghost" i told him while popping a blueberry in my mouth, "his names october."

"i've never heard of a ghost named october here?" hermione input from across the table.

i shrugged, "he said he tends to stay in one corridor and the astronomy tower."

"i wanna meet him, you should invite him to a dumbledore's army meeting" harry suggested.

"maybe, he's not very talkative."

"umbridge was basically glaring daggers at your seat the whole class, lex" ron told me through a mouthful of a turkey sandwich.

"i'm not surprised" i shrugged while giving a small laugh, "do you guys think she sleeps while standing?"

"why would she sleep while standing?" hermione asked, exasperated.

"i dunno, she gives off vampire vibes. maybe she sucks the blood out of children who fail her class."

harry looked at me with wide eyes, "that's cruel!"

"cycle of life" i snorted.

"cycle of life my ass" hermione murmured to herself, but i heard.

-

"happy valentine's day lexie!" harry yelled while barging into my dormitory holding a bouquet of blue flowers and a white box.

i looked at him with a large smile on my face, "happy valentine's day, love!"

he walked over to my bed and plopped down next to me, handing me the blue flowers and setting the white box down. he pulled open the box to reveal a chocolate lava cake, "chocolate lava cake for breakfast? i love you so much."

"i love you more" he smiled  before pecking me on the lips.

"shut up will you, it's seven in the bloody morning!" lavender cried from her bed.

i rolled my eyes at her, "lavender maybe you wouldn't be so pissy that harry is here if you could just admit your feelings for parvati!" i yelled, earning an outburst from parvati and lavender.

"that was bold of you" harry laughed.

i shrugged before taking one of the forks harry pulled out of his pocket and digging into the cake.

"god, this is the best cake ever." i groaned.

"anything for my lexie."

"your lexie?" i raised my eyebrows while he just blushed and laughed, "i like it, i'm your lexie."

after we had finished the delicious cake, and when i say delicious i mean it, i set down my fork and got off my bed.

"okay, i'm gonna go take a shower and then we can do whatever couples do on valentine's day" i smiled happily before walking off towards the bathroom, just to see harry following me, "what are you doing?"

"showering with you" he whispered with a large grin on his face.

"you're funny" i smiled innocently while pointing towards the door.

harry rolled his eyes but pecked me on the lips before leaving my dormitory.

-

"i'm so glad i saw you through my window when i was eight" i told harry as we laid on a fluffy blanket by the edge of the black lake.

"me too lexie" harry told me while squeezing my hand.

he suddenly let go of my hand and pulled a little box out of his pocket, i stared at him wide-eyed.

"before you say anything, this is not a proposal" harry laughed before continuing, "it's a promise ring" he pulled open the little black box to reveal a little silver ring with twists in the band, "it's a promise ring. i know we're fifteen, and young, and have no idea what real life is like. but i also know i can't imagine life without you, so this is a promise that we won't stop trying. even when you leave, even when we want to kill eachother, we won't stop loving eachother."

i looked to harry with teary eyes, "i promise to never stop loving you. even if that doesn't mean a lot right now because we're fifteen and young and crazy, i will never stop loving you."

harry dropped the ring box for one second to pull me into a deep kiss, one that i would remember forever.
afterwards, he picked the box up and slipped the ring on my finger.