chapter 5

"mr. weasley!" professor mcgonnagall yelled out to the snickering boy, "come dance with me."

apparently we had to be taught how to dance properly, for the yule ball taking place on december 24th. so here we were, professor mcgonngall teaching us how to waltz.

reluctantly ron stood up from his seat and walked towards the middle of the large airy room. the girls were on one side of the room, with boys on the other.

filch then started the record player, and music begun playing.

"put your hand on my waist." the woman spoke.

"w-where?" ron asked with tomato red cheeks.

"my waist mr. weasley."

i was literally about to piss my pants as i watched the two dance. i looked over to fred & george who were swaying to the music as they watched their little brother embarrass himself.

"now if everyone else would please join us on the dance floor!" professor mcgonnagall called out to everyone else.

the rest of the girls stood up quickly and made their way to the middle of the room. hermione noticed i wasn't standing and dragged me up. i had to conceal my loud giggles at her antics.

i eyed the boys as they all stayed seated. "hermione this is misogynistic! what if i wanted to dance with a girl instead of a boy!" i whisper whined to her as i looked at her.

"do you want to dance with a girl lexie?" she asked while raising an eyebrow at me.

"no... but they didn't even give me an option!" i finished. mione quickly wacked my arm as the boys begrudgingly uprised and started joined us.

i smirked at harry as he stood in front of me. filch started the music once more as i placed my hands on the back of his neck, as he placed his on my waist.

we started dancing messily, much to professor mcgonnagalls dismay. as we were trying to hold in our laughs everyone else had stopped dancing. harry twirled me dramatically as he dipped me, holding me there for a minute as i finally let out my loud laughter.

he subtly winked at me before professor mcgonnagall interrupted, "mr. potter, miss dior, there is no dipping in the waltz!"

recovering from our laughter we stood back up, "right sorry minnie." i replied sarcastically.

the woman finished her boring speech about the ball and sent us on our way. i walked alongside hermione on our way back to common room, harry and ron behind us.

"so mione, have any offers?" i asked with raised eyebrows.

the blushing girl looked away before responding, "maybe. why do you have a date?"

"i think i would like to go by myself more, i don't need a man." i shrugged confidently as we entered the common room.

"who are you going to ask harry?" ron questioned as the two boys sat on the sofa, i just stood staying up.

"hey guys, i think i'm gonna go take a nap, i'm just not feeling today." i told them, i didn't hear their responses as i departed for my dormitory.

i entered the room to see a large white box on my bed. i walked over to it and picked up the small envelope, opening it carefully.

lexie,

i heard there was going to be a ball at hogwarts! i bought you this dress, i do hope it fits properly, if not you can send it back to me and i'll take care of it.

i can't help but ask, do you have a date? you and harry would be awfully cute going together!

i know you will look gorgeous in this dress, blue really is your color. send photos after!