47.7

(AUGUST POV)

We decided to jump out of a plane to get to the part of the road that Roman wanted to hit.

"Hey, Roman, you're freaking out, ain't you?" Brian asks Rome through the walkies.

"No," Rome answers.

"Yeah, you are," I say.

"I said no," Rome says.

"Listen, man, it takes a grown man to embrace his feelings. If you need to cry, just go ahead and cry. As your friend, you know I'm concerned about your well-being, which is why I took the precaution of putting some adult diapers in your glove compartment," Tej explains. Letty and I bust out laughing. I'm riding per Brian's request.

"Yo, can you just chill out, man?" Rome says.

"I have seen some crazy shit, Dom, but this really could make some waves. So if you could just try to keep it as low-key as possible, huh?" Mr. Nobody says.

"Don't I always?" Dom asks.

"Ha! Tell you what, you knock it down a couple of notches this time and I'll swap out my Belgian for a keg of Corona," Mr. Nobody says.

"You'd be doing yourself a favor, there," I say.

"Can somebody just walk me through what we're supposed to be doing?" Rome asks.

"Come on, Rome, this is your plan. You gotta embrace it," Letty says.

"No, this was not my plan," Rome says.

"Oh, yeah, here we go. Game time," Brian says.

"Roman, you need some fresh air'? Because you're about to get a whole lot of it," Tej says.

"Okay, here we go!" Dom says.

"Just when you didn't think it could get any better, huh?" Brian asks. Dom reverses out of the plane. Then Brian does followed by Letty and me then Tej. "Oh, shit!"

"Now we're moving," Dom says.

"Everybody good? Everybody make it out'?" I ask.

"Hey, Rome? Hey, what's up, man? Talk to me, come on!" Brian says.

"I can't do it," Rome says.

"The hell you can't! Come on, man! You throw that thing in reverse and get your ass out here now!" Brian says.

"Look, I can't do it, okay? Listen to what I'm saying," Rome says.

"Now isn't the time!" I say.

"Imma stay up here with the pilot. We gonna circle around and make sure we hold it down from up here!" Rome says.

"You're running out of time!" Brian says.

"The chute is guided by GPS! You don't have to do anything! Tej!" I say.

"I'm already on it," Tej says.

"Hey, man, listen. I'm sorry to let y'all down, okay'? Imma go ahead and stay up here," Rome says.

"No, brother. I'm sorry to let you down," Tej says and I laugh at his joke.

"What? What do you mean you're... Tej! What are you doing? Oh, shit! Tej! I hate you, Tej!" Rome yells as the parachute shoots out of the car and drags it out of the plane.

"Get ready! The ground's coming fast!" Dom says.

"Touchdown, baby!" Brian says. "August, are you okay?"

"Brian, you lied to Jack. Cars can fly." I say with a laugh.

"Yeah, I guess I did, but in my defense, they're technically not supposed to," Brian says with a laugh.