𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 : 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛 (𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸)

Start from the beginning

Mercedes was leaning on her back on the kitchen sink, her red-stained lips curled upwards and eyes glazed as she focused on the person in front of her, "Hi..." she whispered in an almost giddy tone.

The blinder nibbled his lower lip, the left side of his mouth rising, "Hey," he said, slowly walking towards her. The kitchen seemed to be their special place—it was where they had their first fight, their first almost-kiss, and their first reunion. Thomas slid his hand into the front pocket of his trousers and moved gracefully closer to Mercy.

Her lips formed a fine line, fighting the temptation to chuckle, "Hi," she repeated and inhaled deeply when Thomas appeared in front of her, "Hey," Thomas repeated, his eyes almost glimmering only by looking at her.

"You're here..." Thomas breathed.

"No shit," she cracked, and he wrapped both of his hands around her waist, prompting her to pull her body closer to his. Mercy draped her arms over his neck, their bodies swaying as if a song was playing on a gramophone. Instead, all they could hear was the drumming beat of their hearts, jumping in joy at finally seeing each other after such a long time apart.

"I missed you," she said, tucking her face in the crook of Thomas' neck. His musky scent was tempting, and his hug was as warm as the still-burning embers in the middle of a storm. It was his scorching touch that she desired.

His calloused fingers grazed over her body, drawing circles that sent shivers down her spine, "I fucking missed you too, doll," he kissed the top of her head, before pressing her against the sink. Mercy looked up at him, eyes dilated and lower lip bit. A sudden wave of electric shock whizzed through them as their eyes locked. Thomas brushed a strand of Mercy's hair off her face and tucked it behind her right ear before gently stroking her cheeks with his warm thumb.

Mercy leaned in closer, and the next thing he remembered was her sweet, almost flowery lips. Everything about the kiss was passionate, from the way his hands explored her body to the way their lips moved in perfect harmony. Their chemistry was deeply felt, even electric. Their lungs were acting as if they had run a marathon, and their knees were on the verge of collapsing. Mercy stood there, breathless and flushed as if she was floating. They couldn't tell how long that kiss lasted, but it felt like an eternity and a second all at once.

The dinner quickly came to an end, the family was scattered all over the house and John's kids were still energetic and running around the living room. If a Londoner was to see Mercy, Sol, and Thomas resting casually on the settee, they would instantly assume that they were a family. 

"Don't ya look a fucking happy family, eh?" Freddie pointed out, causing the Shelby family to laugh and Mercy to frown. "Freddie please, don't cuss when my sister's around," she placed her arm around Sol's shoulder, gently squeezing it.

"Oh, cut me some slack," the Thorne man sighed dramatically,  "I heard her swearin when Henry 'ccidentally poured her some fizzy pop," he tsked, holding his laugh in as he ratted out Sol to her sister.

"Paula Soledad!" Mercy jerked her head towards Sol, eyes widened in circles. Soledad avoided her older sister's gaze, lips puckered and eyes fluttering as she looked at the boy sitting on the staircase as luck would have it. Mercy continued talking but her voice seemed to fade away from her.

Finn raised an eyebrow at her, but he had a mischievous grin on his face as if he was enjoying the fact that she was getting an earful from her older sister. Soledad rolled her eyes and wrapped her tiny arms around her sister's torso, quickly stopping her from chewing her ass.

"I'm sorry, ate," she said softly, pressing her head against Mercy's shoulder. The de Silva woman groaned, knowing Sol's charms were her weakness and could easily bring her down.