30.4

(Brian P.O.V.)

I head back to the office with the other agents.

"He was under your nose the whole time. Now Braga's escaped. The Toretto's are heading south, probably long across the border by now. Do you have any idea the kind of trouble you're in O'Conner?" The chief says.

"I was doing my job," I say.

"He ain't the first bad guy you helped escape the law's grasp. As for now, you're being taken off active duty, until this house can mount a formal inquiry," The chief explains.

"What about Braga?" I ask.

"That's no longer your concern," The chief answers.

"We now know where Braga is, right?" Stasiak asks.

"Customs tracked him via satellite to his home base in Tecali, Mexico," The chief answers.

"Mexico is out of our jurisdiction," I say.

"The fact is the brass will be so busy holding press conferences over the seizure, we'll skate under the radar," The chief says.

"I thought we signed on to do the right thing," I say then get up and walk out.

(August P.O.V.)

Dom is in the garage working on the curse to be able to use it later. I walk inside to get some Coronas. When I walk back outside I see Brian heading to the garage and it brings back all the good memories.

"Everyone's looking for you," Brian says as he approaches Dom.

"I'm right here," Dom says still working.

"It's nice to see you've gone with the times and switched to electronic fuel injection. Looks good," Brian says admiring Dom's work. I smile thinking this is how it should be.

"Buster became a gearhead," Dom says looking up from his work and smiling.

"I'm going with you both," Brian says and I feel my smile begin to fade.

"I don't plan on bringing anyone back," Dom says.

"I know," Brian says.

"Hit that throttle," Dom says and Brian does. Then he looks in the direction of the house and sees me. I sigh and walk inside wishing things were different. I walk into the kitchen and set the Coronas down. I hear the back door open and close.

"Hey," Brian says as he enters the kitchen. I face him and force a smile. "What's wrong?"

"I just... I don't want you to go, but I know I'm not going to talk you out of it. I just wish things were different. It just seems that every time we get close something happens to tear us apart again," I answer, it has happened more than he knows of. Brian walks over and cups my cheek with his hand.

"I won't go if you don't go," Brian says.

"And you know that that's not going to happen," I say.

"Then I promise you that when it's all over, we won't be torn apart. We will be together for now on," Brian says looking me in the eyes.

"Okay," I say. We both lean in and kiss. I feel sparks like I do every time I kiss Brian. Brian deepens the kiss. Then he lifts me up onto the counter. We break apart after a few minutes needing air. "Come on. Let's go make a plan," I say hopping down from the counter and grabbing three Coronas and heading outside to Dom with Brian following behind me. Dom calls Gisele and she tells him to meet her in Mexico and she will tell us where Braga is from there.

(August P.O.V.)

We arrive in Mexico and wait for Gisele. I will be riding with Brian. After a few minutes, Giselle drives up.