26.5

(Brian P.O.V.)

I walk back into the station and head towards my desk. I happen to look over at the interrogation rooms and see August and Mia in one being questioned by Stasiak. I have to try and talk to them. I get to my desk and pick up my phone.
"Hi. This is Forsythe in Evidence. I need Stasiak down here right away to sign some greenies. Thanks," I say pretending to be Forsythe.
"Hi," Trinh says coming up to my desk.
"Hey," I say and watch the interrogation room.
"Okay, I narrowed it down to 50 or so David Parks," Trinh explains. Somebody walks into the interrogation room and get Stasiak. That leaves Tyler in there and he is just a guard.
"What I'd like you to do is run make and model on each of them. Alright?" I say before getting up to head to the interrogation room.
"Okay. All right," Trinh says.
"Thank you," I say and walk over to the interrogation room. I buzz in, then walk in. "Hey, Tyler, we got a transfer. You want to come with me?" They get up and follow me out.

(August P.O.V.)

Somebody comes and gets Stasiak. Then a few minutes later Brian walks in. Why am I not surprised.
"You want to come with me?" He asks Mia and I. We get up and follow him out.

(Dom P.O.V.)

I walk into the garage, where the only guy that sells nitro meth is. He is underneath a car, so I yank him out from under it.
"Toretto. When'd you get back?" He asks.
"I'm looking for a car you did an engine mod on. Nitromethane tank. Ford full-size. Continental tires," I answer.
"Look, what are you doing coming in here like this huh? This ain't your scene anymore, boss. Don't ever put your hands on me again, okay? Say hi to your sisters for me," He says and goes to slide back under the car. I grab him by the throat and drag him over to a car that has the engine hanging over it. I wrap the chain attached to the engine around my arm and slowly bring it down until it is almost touching his face.
"A Korean kid brought it in. David Park. It's a green Ford Torino. Please don't drop this on me!" He says. I leave, because I have to meet up with August then we're going to visit this David Park kid.

(August P.O.V.)

Brian took us to a little Café. Mia ordered some coffee and I didn't get anything. Mia and I sat on one side and Brian was on the other.
"I'm almost done. Why don't you tell me why you dragged us here, Brian?" Mia asks.
"You know they're going to capture Dom. Maybe worse. I don't want y'all getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him," Brian answers and I roll my eye at his response.
"That's what you have to say to us after five years?" I ask.
"All of a sudden, you care what happens to us," Mia says.
"What I did to you was wrong, Mia. I'm sorry. It was....It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do," Brian says.
"I'm sorry, too, Brian. I'm so sorry that you had to come into my home and pretend to love me. I'm so sorry that you ripped my family apart. I'm very sorry that that was hard for you," Mia says angrily.
"I lied to you, Mia. I lied to you, August. I lied to Dom. I lied to everybody. That's what I do best. It's why the Feds recruited me," Brian says.
"Maybe you're lying to yourself. Maybe you're not the good guy pretending to be a bad guy. Maybe you're the bad guy pretending to be the good guy. You ever think about that?" Mia asks getting up.
"Every day," Brian answers.
"I always wondered, why did you let my brother go that day?" Mia asks.
"I don't know," Brian says and Mia walks out.
"She has a point you know," I say.
"I get it, okay? I messed up. I ripped your family apart," Brian says.
"Hey, don't get upset with me. If anybody should be upset it should be me," I say putting one of my hands on Brian's. "Look, Brian, I know you a little better than you think I do. You are trying to find a team or a family because when you were with us you found out that that's what you wanted. But you have to figure out who you are as a person before you can have that." He goes to grab my hand but I move and when I do my tattoo shows and Brian's face changes to confusion. I get up and walk out. I take Mia to the airport and then meet up with Dom.

(Brian P.O.V.)

I walking to my desk when Trinh comes up.
"Brain! I got the cross-checks on David Park back and have a list of possibilities," Trinh says.
"What do you got?" I ask.
"A 45-yr-old male un a '06 Scion with three reckless driving tickets," she says.
"No," I say.
"A '01 Chevy Tahoe," She says.
"No," I say.
"Two Mini Coopers, a '06 and a '07, a Toyota hybrid," She says.
"Hell no," I say.
"A '98 Saturn, a '95 Sebring. A '98 Nissan 240 with an illegal mod," She says.
"Wait. That's it," I say.
"What?" She asks.
"The 240 with the illegal mod," I answer.
"How do you know?" She asks.
"'Cause that's something I'd drive," I answer getting his address and left.

(August P.O.V.)

Dom and I head up to this guy's, David Park's, apartment. Dom busts the door in.
"Don't! Don't! Don't!" David yells as Dom walks towards him.
"Green Torino, running nitro. Whose car?" Dom asks.
"I don't know, man." David answers. "I'm just the middleman. I swear. I'm just the middleman!" David explains. Dom flips him over the couch.
"Wait, wait, wait. I don't know shit, man. I swear. I just run cars for Braga, all right? All I can do is get you in the race! That's all I can do!" David says.
"What race?" Dom asks him. He doesn't answer, so Dom drags him over to the window and throws him out, holding on to his foot. I hear running coming from the end of the hall, so I hide behind the door.
"Help! Come on, hold on! Let me up, man! Come on! Come on, man, I don't know shit! Just let me up! I told you, you got to talk to Braga!" Davis yells. Brian enters the room with his gun aimed at Dom. I get my gun out of my waistband and wait.
"Bring him up, Dom," Brian says.
"God! Don't drop me! That's all I know!" David yells.
"Bring him up," Brian says again.
"You here to bring me in O'Conner?" Dom asks.
"Shit! Shit! Shut up!" David yells.
"Letty was my friend, too," Brian says. He did not just say that.
"You weren't anyone's friend," Dom says.
"Put the gun down," I say stepping out from behind the door. Brian turns and faces me slightly. He has a surprised look on his face and he lowers the gun.
"Yo, can you guys talk about this later? Now pull my ass up!" David yells.
"She was running for this guy, Braga, and things went bad," Brian explains.
"Please!" David yells.
"I'm going to get these guys, Dom. Now let me do my job and bring him up," Brian says.
"I'm going to kill this Braga," Dom says.
"God!" David yells.
"And anyone else who gets in my way," Dom says.
"Hey! Don't let go!" David yells and Dom lets go. David grabs onto the curtain. Brian runs to his aid. Dom and I leave as quickly as we can. Dom and I head home to work on our cars for the race tomorrow night.

 Dom and I head home to work on our cars for the race tomorrow night

The Fast And The Furious GirlOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara