25.4

(August P.O.V.)

It's been a month since Letty has come back. Dom has called once just to give me the number in case of an emergency. Letty has Dom's car almost back in perfect condition. Right now, we are in the living room eating takeout.
"There has to be a way for Dom to come back," Letty says.
"I don't know the cops want him in prison for good," I explain.
"How do you always know so much about cops?" Letty asks.
"You have to promise to let me explain and not hate me," I say.
"I promise," Letty says.
"So, when Dom got the two years in Lompoc. I made a promise to myself that he would never go back. So, I became a cop to help keep him off of the radar. It worked until Brian came along. Then he messed everything up, making Dom have to be on the run all the time. I ended up doing a job in Miami with Brian, but he doesn't know it was me. I go by a different name when I'm a cop. Mainly because of me being a Toretto," I explain. Letty gets up and walks out. The next morning Letty comes back.
"I have an idea on how to get Dom back," Letty says.
"Okay, let's hear it," I say.
"Well, you're a cop right?" Letty asks and I nod my head. "Okay, so what if I did a job for y'all and in return, they clear Dom's name."
"I think it might work. I'll go ask the chief," I say. I call the chief to not risk of seeing Brian. I explain everything to him and he agrees. He fills me in on the case they are working on. I don't like it one bit. I will not let Letty do this one. I inform the chief that she will be sitting this one out. I then go tell Letty.
"The chief agreed and told me about the case they are working on. I do not want you to do it," I explain.
"What? Why?" Letty asks.
"It's too dangerous. They have already lost two agents on this case. I will not be the one to put you undercover just for you to die. I don't want to lose any more of my family," I answer.
"What happened to "Ride or die"? You and Dom both seem to have forgotten that," Letty says.
"I will not put you in this situation. What if you did die? What would I say to Dom? 'Hey, Dom. I'm a cop and Letty went undercover and died,'" I ask her.
"Then he would have to remember that I don't do anything that I don't want to do," Letty answers.
"Fine, but I won't do it. The chief told me that Brian is on the case. If you really want to do this, then you will have to ask him and explain everything to him. Okay?" I say.
"Okay. I will then," Letty says.
"Be careful. I don't want to lose you. You are like a sister to me," I say.
"I'll be back. I promise," Letty says.
"Don't make promises you don't know if you can keep," I say pulling her into a hug. Letty then leaves.
Letty got in as a driver for Braga. It's been a week since I have spoken to her. She is coming home at all times of the night. It's been three days since she left the last time.

(Brian P.O.V.)

This morning I had found out that we had lost Letty. So, I was chasing down a guy that will have information on how I can get in. I chase him all over town until we go into an apartment building. We end up jumping off of a roof and landing on a car.
"Give me a name!" I yell at him while aiming my gun at him.
"I don't know shit, man!" He yells back.
"Give me a name!" I yell again.
"David Park! David Park's the guy you want!" He answers. I take him in and head to the chief's office.
"Complaints keep rolling in after your little downtown Olympics, O'Conner. Tell me that reinstating you wasn't a mistake," The chief says as I sit down. Stasiak is also in the room.
"I got a name. David Park," I explain.
"That's it? That's all you got? David Park? I could throw a fortune cookie out this window and hit 50 David Parks right now," The chief says.
"It's Korean, not Chinese," Stasiak says.
"Whatever," The chief says.
"Park is a scout that recruits street racers to be mules for the Braga cartel. We find Park, and we bust the bad guys," I explain.
"Okay. Stasiak, call the Toretto household and inform them of Letty's passing. I presume that's where she was staying. She was close to Dominic Toretto. Maybe he will come back and we can get him," The chief explains.

(August P.O.V.)

I was cleaning up around the house when the house phone started ringing.
"Hello," I say answering it.
"Hello. Is this Augustina Toretto?" The guy on the other end asks.
"Yes, this is she," I answer.
"I'm sorry to inform you that Leticia Ortiz has passed," The guy explains.
"Okay," I say and hang up, falling to the ground crying. I knew it was a bad idea.
Now, I have to call Mia and Dom. I call Mia first.
"Hello," Mia says answering the phone.
"Mia, you need to come home for a few days," I say.
"August. Why?" Mia asks.
"It's Letty. She's been murdered," I explain.
"Okay. I'm booking a flight right now." Mia says and we get off of the phone. Now I have to call Dom. He's more than likely to come home and the cops are expecting that. I need to figure out where the crash site was and any other information that I can find. I head to the police station.