第2章 (1)

As Mary-san and I walk into our classroom, we see people crowded at her desk.

"Move over." she says in a hushed voice.

"Why would I listen to a mittens?" said a random guy and started laughing.

She shoves past them to get to her desk and sees the tag. Along with the tag is writing all over the desk.

'Whore'

'Idiot'

'Bitch'

'Dumb'

'Get better at gambling!'

I sigh and leave the classroom and I see Jabami-san.

She walks up to me and asks what's going on.

"A mittens was born." I look at her then walk away. I can see a surprised but happy face on Suzui-kun's face.

Saying a house pet was born was code for 'there's a new house pet'.

time skip lol

I sit down at Mary-san's and I's usual table, but she isn't there. That makes sense I guess.

I stand up and go over to Jabami-san and Suzui-kun.

"Hello. Suzui-kun, you paid off your debts?" I realise his tag is gone.

"I'm surprised you remember me.." he says in a hushed voice with a little chuckle. "Jabami— No Yumeko-san helped me pay it off."

"As a gift for being my first friend!" Jabami-san says.

"Oh, I guess that makes sense. Can I sit here?"

"You-You want to sit here-here..? I-I guess that's okay.." he says.

Yumeko turns to me as I sit down. "You're part of the student council, correct?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you know a girl called 'Itsuki Sumeragi'? We were talking about her, I want to gamble against her! I hear she's never been defeated at card games."

"Jabami-senpai?" says a voice from behind us. We swerve around to see Sumeragi-san standing behind us. "Nice to meet! I know this is sudden but.. Would you like to gamble with me?"

"Wha.. What's with the abrupt challenge?" Suzui-kun stands up.

"You're the talk of the school, Jabami-senpai!" she gets closer. "About how on your first day here.. you made a fool of Saotome-senpai in a game." she moves back. I can see Yumeko thinking. "I'm pretty good at gambling myself, y'see? So I thought it might be fun to compare our skills!"

A few seconds pass as Sumeragi-chan stares at Yumeko. Finally, Yumeko says: "That certainly sounds fun, well Sumeragi-san, I welcome your challenge!"

"I thought you would!" she laughs.

I look over at Suzui-kun and he looks scared.

"Are you okay? You look pale."

"I'm nervous for Yumeko-san.. what if she becomes a house pet?"

"First, she literally gave you money as a gift for being her friend?! Let a girl live."

^^^

"The game we're playing is: 'Double memory' ok? As the name suggests, this is just a memory using two decks of cards." Yumeko nods, signalling she understands.

"In normal memory, you simply match up the numbers on the card to get a point. However, in double memory, not only must the numbers match, but the suit must match as well. In other words, every card only has one match in the 104 card deck."