𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 ━ oh god a baby

Start from the beginning

"Denny Duquette, age 36-", Izzie presented the patient to the group. "37 in three weeks", the man interrupted her with a smile. "37 in three weeks", Izzie reapted with a wide smile.

"Is having difficult breathing and chest pains."

"Breath sounds?", Dr. Burke asked her with a concentrated look. "Still a little junky. He has a buildup of fluid in his system", the blond replied to him with a worried face expression.

"Hey, did you just call me a Junkie?" That's not very nice", the man joked as he still smiled at Izzie charmingly.

"Danny, your congestive heart failure is getting worse despite the meds", Dr. Burke spoke up making the smile on the man's face disappear. "All right. Do how do we proceed?"

"Doctors, how do we proceed?", the dark skinned Doctor asked the others. "Titrate up his nitrate drip and continue with Diuretics", Alex immediately answered but Izzie interrupted him, "Ace inhabitors, beta blockers and start dobutamine."

Burke nodded at them impressed and then contiued to watch Alex and Izzie, "I also want his ins and outs recorded, and one of you monitoring him at all times."

Izzie lifted her hand up, "I'll stay." Alex immediately pushed through Cristina and Brie, "Me too." Brie furrowed her eyebrows at the two interns behavior. It was obvious that Izzie had a thing for the patient and Brie could fully understand that Alex didn't wanted to let the two stay alone so she shrugged it off and followed the others to the baby station where Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd waited for them.

"Mr. and Mrs. Gibson, I'm Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd. I'm gonna be covering for Dr. Pollack", the readhead introduced herself to the patient as the others followed after her into the room.

"Mrs. Gibson had a preterm, premature rupture of her membranes at 28 weeks", Meredith started the presentation of the patient. "She's been confined to supervised bed rest for seven weeks and has a low-grade fever", Brie contiued quickly as she eyed the married couple.

"Can't you just schedule a C? Believe me, I'm ready to have this baby", the woman asked them annoyed as she looked at Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd.

Her husband nodded his head, "You and me both."

Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd shook her head at them, "I want to get your blood work back before we make any further decisions."

"I have to pee- again!", Mrs. Gibson muttered as she stood up with the help of her husband. "Come on, here we go!"

Brie quickly opened the door for the pregnant woman and as she turned back she saw the husband talking quietly to the readhead.

"Oh, it's my pleasure Mr. Gibson", she assured him before she turned to walk away but the man held her back. "He didn't mention that, uh- wow, I mean you bear a striking resemblance to a young Catherine Deneuve. Oh, you- you never heard that before?", he asked the doctor who had a confused expression on her face.

"Uh, uh, no, I'm sorry. I have to say, it's a first", she mumbled as she got nervous by his behavior.

Brie narrowed her eyes at the man, curious what he was gonna say next. "Been told I look like Halle Berry", Dr. Bailey muttered as she still had her baby in her arms.

"Beautiful", Mr. Gibson breathed out as he still eyed Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd who got more and more uncomfortable. "Well, Ms. Deneuve. Of course, you- you're, too, but-by extension."

The readhead gave the man a look and then looked at the interns signalizing them that it was time to go. "Right, we'll be back, um, in later to check on your wife." She walked away from him as the man called after her, "Look forward to it!"