part-(one)

We Wuxian, was a person who preferred to keep a cheerful bright face while hiding up practically everything inside him. By everything.... It meant his true feelings of pain and sadness.

They don't need to know, what does not concern them. They wouldn't care much anyway.

From the age of five, since Jiang Fengmian brought him to Lotus Pier,  and made him a part of Jiang Clan and his family, he had suffered constantly, from the clan lady, Madam Yu's first class spiritual weapon, Zidian (purple lightening). The bright purple coloured whip, made entirely out of lightening, hit with a sizzling burn on his small fragile back every time he did anything that went against her liking. Although Jiang Cheng and Yanli tried to shield their brother, it wouldn't work.

By the time he grew up, he was practically immune to pain. And even if he did feel anything of sort, he would hide it away pretty well.

Well, now it looked like, he had to do it again.

Wei Ying bit his lips to suppress his whimpering, as he stared at the probably 3cm deep wound at the base of his right heel. Blood dripped down, staining the light yellow coloured floor carpet with dark red spots. Trying best not to make any sound, as to not wake his brother Jiang Cheng up, who was fast asleep on the bed at the other side of the room.

They were in Cloud Recessess, Gusu, for the Lan clan lectures. All heirs from major clans were there including Jiang Clan. Judging by the light orange and pink hue spreading across the sky, he could see from the window, it will soon be 5am in the morning. They were supposed to wake up that time.

But as Wei Ying looked at the bloody mess on his foot, he wondered whether he would be able to keep up and stand and walk around for the rest of the day. Or, attend the lectures.

It was painful as fuck. He was sure, he needed stitches, or the wound will only spread faster an get worser. But at the same time, it would be 5am soon, and everyone will start to wake up and prepare for the lectures.

How will he get past and ask for a stitch, when they were in the most crucial part of the studies? If he got stitches, he would have to be bed ridden for at least two weeks.

Hell nah.

He slowly got up, favouring one foot over the other and reached towards a cabinet, and slowly opened it and found a roll of gauze bandages. He took them out, and limped back to sit on his bed and with a cloth started to clean the wound, crying silently, careful not to wake his brother up.

He wrapped the bandage several times over his wound tightly, and wore his boots. Heck, it hurts.

"Shit, it hurts... " He hissed as he tried to stand up and walk around normally around the room. More tears rolled down his eyes as he heaved and gasped, making the tassels of his hair move   madly. He could feel the heavily wrapped bandage get soaked.

He tried to direct his spiritual energy towards the wound, he succeeded in making it hurt a bit less as he felt the warm surge of spiritual power wash over his wound, but it didn't last long.

"Damn... I have to make pain-reducing talismans.. " He whispered. As he walked around a bit more, trying to get used to the pain. After a while, he felt stabled.

"Why the hell are you walking around like that? How did you even wake up this early.... You are always late.. " A groggy sleepy voice said, making him flinch and look towards Jiang Cheng, who was awake and looking at him with a frown. He realised that the light was brighter outside now... It was 5.

"A-ah... Couldn't sleep much... C'mon... Let's get ready! " Wei Ying said in his usual tone, as if he wasn't bleeding out intensely from a painful wound. He walked casually out of the room leaving Jiang Cheng frowning.