𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Start from the beginning

"Are you two planning to go out today?" Remus asked, clearing the table of their dishes.

Lyra nodded. "I think so. I'll just drive us down to the local shops and see what formal stores they have. Maybe get some lunch, too."

"Sounds good," Mary chimed from the couch.

George and Lyra climbed back up the stairs to her room, where they stood in silence for a moment.

"Is it just me-" Lyra started.

"Or was that really weird?" George finished.

They turned their heads to look down at where Lyra's parents would be sitting before looking back at each other.

"Did you leave a note for Molly and she might have owled them?" Lyra asked.

George shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, I left her a note on the countertop at home. She might've owled them..."

"Okay, we'll just go with that," Lyra decided. She looked around her room, noticing the duffle bag sitting on the chair at her desk. "Where did that come from?"

"What?" George turned to see where she was pointing. "Oh, I brought that in with me. I figured you wouldn't want to go into town with me in pyjamas."

"I didn't see you bring it in," she scrunched her brows together.

"You've never been too observant." George winked, stepping closer to her and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Tell me, how do you manage to glow this early in the morning with so little effort?"

Lyra felt her cheeks flush red. "I wouldn't tell you if I knew."

George whacked her lightly on the back of her head and sent her a charming grin that sent flutters through her stomach. "Course you won't."

He was still looking at her with a specific gaze - one that made her legs feel like jelly. She had broken their strong eye contact a few moments ago, but every time she caught his eyes, she'd blushed and look away. God, didn't he see what he did to her? Her heart ached to lean forward and pull him into a kiss, but something about being alone with him, with the door shut, made it seem so formidable - forbidden. How would Remus feel if he knew his daughter was losing her virginity under his very own roof at sixteen? Probably not too happy, she imagined.

Still, there was an enticing invitation to participate in such deeds, one so very entrancing, that she almost found herself lunging towards George, thinking fuck all.

But then he stepped away, and her chance was gone. She stared blankly after him, watching as he gathered his clothes for the day and exited, heading to the shower.

The moment the door closed after him, Lyra widened her eyes and sat down on the end of her bed. What the bloody hell was that about?! She took a breath to compose herself before walking to her wardrobe. She pulled out a cute floral slip dress that fell just below her knees, which she paired with black doc martens and frilly socks. There was a cool breeze to the sunny day, so Lyra decided to get her leather jacket (given to her from Remus for completing her O.W.Ls), and put it by her purse for when they leave.

Then, Lyra tidied her room. It only took a few minutes, as there were only a few items of clothing on the floor, and her desk just needed some decluttering. After, she quickly walked to her desk and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

Kat

OMG. You won't believe what just happened. To start it off: George came to my house last night. We made pancakes this morning and then headed up to my room. Anyway, we sort of just stood there looking at each other, and he basically said I had a glow to me. And then silence again - but Kat, holy shit, he looked so hot just standing there. Woah. I literally almost said fuck it all and ALMOST decided to lose the v-card (only if he wanted to, too!). But then he stepped back and just left for the shower. Surely he knows what he's doing to me, right? You said you'd had some experience with boys back when you were in Aus, so help me out.