16.2

(Alex P.O.V.)

We are our way to meet Verone. Monica gave me directions before we left, luckily since Roman is following Brian.

"Turn right here," I order. We turn right. "So you used to be a cop?" I ask trying to kill the silence.
"Yeah. How long have you been a cop?" Brian asks.
"About five years off and on," I answer and get caught up in the memory of finding out that Brian was a cop.
"You all right," Brian asks staring at me.
"You might wanna keep your eyes on the road, playboy," I say smirking at him.
"What, you think we're gonna crash?" Brian asks teasingly. He starts speeding up, while still staring at me. I stare back until I get an idea. I take my seatbelt off and Brian gives me a confused look, while still staring and speeding up. Let's see how he does with this. I lean over and kiss him. At first, it seems that he is stunned then he kisses back. The car swerves ever so slightly, so I break away and put my seatbelt back on. He stares at me stunned until he pulls to a stop at a red light. Roman pulls up beside us, making Brian look over at him.

"He did the "stare and drive" on you, didn't he?" Roman asks me and I smirk back as a reply. "He got that from me," Roman says and then drives off. We arrive a little ways from Verone's so Monica and I can get out.
"Once we get in here, you're on your own," Monica tells the guys. Monica and I head towards the house.

(Brian P.O.V.)

"Turn right here." Alex orders. We turn right. "So you used to be a cop?" she asks trying to kill the silence.
"Yeah. How long have you been a cop?" I ask.
"About five years off and on." She answers and seems to get lost in thought.
"You all right," I ask staring at her.
"You might wanna keep your eyes on the road, playboy." She says smirking at me.
"What, you think we're gonna crash?" I ask teasingly. I start speeding up, while still staring at her. She stares back. She takes her seatbelt off and I give her a confused look, while still staring and speeding up. She leans over and kisses me. At first, I'm stunned that she would do that, then I kiss back. The car swerves ever so slightly, so she breaks away and puts her seatbelt back on. I stare at her stunned until I pull to a stop at a red light still staring at her. Roman pulls up beside us, making us look over at him.

"He did the "stare and drive" on you, didn't he?" Roman asks her and she smirks. "He got that from me," Roman says and then drives off. We arrive a little ways from Verone's so Monica and Alex can get out.
"Once we get in here, you're on your own," Monica tells us. Monica and Alex head towards the house. Roman and I pull up by the rest of the drivers. I see a couple of vipers, mustangs, and then of course muscle cars. Roman and I get out of our cars.

"Hey, where did you get them cars, the bottom of a cereal box?" One of the muscle car's owners asks.
"Eh! Real funny, Fonzie," Roman says. "Ass." Roman whispers where only I can hear him. He is going to get us in trouble with his big ass mouth.

(Alex P.O.V.)

Monica and I walk into the front yard of the house where there are two security guards standing.

"Roberto, Enrique, I need pictures of the drivers, their license plates, their cars, and anything else you can find," Monica orders them before we head inside.

(Brian P.O.V.)

We are waiting to know what to do when two security guards come up.

"Let's go." They yell.
"Keep your mouth shut and follow my lead, all right?" I tell Roman.
"I got this," Roman says.
"No, I'm serious now," I say.
"Handle your business. I'll handle mine." Roman says. We wait in line while they search us for guns I guess. "Watch your hands, brah," Roman says when it's his turn.
"Go in line." They order. "Let's go." They order.

(Alex P.O.V.)

We walk inside. Carter is standing at the window watching all of the guys.

"Carter. Drivers are here." Monica informs.
"Good," Carter says.
"This is Alex Wilde the manager we hired for the drivers," Monica says.
"Carter Verone," Carter says shaking my hand.
"Nice to meet you," I say. We walk outside to look at the drivers.