12.0

(August P.O.V.)

Brian and I have been staying in a motel. It is day two since I've ran with Brian. Brian and I are sitting on the bed watching the news. I'm leaning my head on Brian's chest and he has his arms wrapped around me.

"Cops are looking for a rogue agent. His name is Brian O'Conner. He was last seen in L.A. If anyone knows of his whereabouts please contact the police. This man helped a criminal escape before running himself." The newscaster says. I sit up and Brian and I share a look of worry. We turn the TV off.

"There's a race tonight. I will go and race for pinks. I'll win and you will have a car. You can go anywhere after that." I say.
"What if you lose?" Brian asks.
"At that first race, you were at. You obviously asked to race Toretto?" I ask and he nods his head. "And they probably asked you which Toretto?" I ask.
"Yeah." He answers.
"I'm that other Toretto. I haven't ever lost a race just like Dom." I say.
"Okay," Brian says. I get up and get ready for the race that night. Brian and I head to the races. I find a guy driving a Nissan Skyline.

"I'll race you for pinks," I say.
"Oh, yeah. What car is yours?" The guy asks.
"That one," I say pointing at my car.
"I really don't want to see you cry when you lose. This Nissan runs the streets around here." He says teasing me.
"Oh, yeah. Well, that beast has never seen a pair of taillights. And you'll be the one crying." I say.
"Okay. Car for car." He says. I nod and go and get in my car.

"So?" Brian asks.
"Another one bites the dust," I say as I pull up next to the guy at the starting line. A racer chaser signals for us to go. When I take off, my car does a wheelie. The front of my car hits the ground and I take the lead leaving him in the dust. I cross the finish line and he pulls up after me. I get out and the crowd cheers. He hands me the keys which I hand to Brian and we head back to the motel. The next morning we wake up and pack what little stuff we have. I hand Brian a piece of paper.

"What's this?" He asks.
"If you ever run out of places to run or if you want to go straight here it's fine. But this is directions to a friend of mines garage. His name is Tej Parker. If he asks who you are, tell him. If he asks who sent you tell him sweetheart sent you." I explain to him.

"Okay." He says as he pulls me into a hug. "I'm going to miss you," Brian says then he kisses me. At first, I'm confused, but then I kiss back and it feels like fireworks are going off. We pull apart and have our foreheads together.

"I'll miss you too," I tell him.
"I love you." He says getting into his car. I bend down and give him one last kiss.
"I love you, too," I say as he drives away, so I don't think he heard me. I went home. No one was there so I figured Vince was still in the hospital. I went to the hospital and found Mia sleeping in a chair and Vince watching TV.

"Hey," I say as I enter the room. Mia wakes up and runs to give me a hug.
"You made it! How's you're arm and side? Where's Dom? Did he get away?" Mia starts asking me tons of questions. I pull away and sat in one of the chairs in the room.

"My arm and side are fine. I got them fixed up. I don't know where Dom is. Brian let him go." I answer.
"What do you mean Brian let him go?" Vince asks.
"You remember where Dom and I used to drag race back in high school?" I ask and they both nod. "Well, they raced there and they crossed right in front of an oncoming train. They made it, but Dom wasn't expecting a big truck to pull out of an alleyway and he crashed. After flipping multiple times he landed upright. He had a dislocated shoulder at worse. Then we heard police sirens and Brian just handed him the keys to the Surpa. Then Dom was gone. I ran and laid low for a while." I explain.

"Well, I can get out tomorrow. I am going to run." Vince says.
"You should. Mia why don't you go home and get some rest. I'll stay tonight." I say. Mia smiles and hugs me then leaves.
"Why did Mia ask you about your arm and side?" Vince asks.
"Did Mia tell you about Jesse?" I ask and he nods. "I tried to protect him but failed. I got hit in the arm. It was a clean shot and one grazed my side." I explain.

"Okay," Vince says.
"Vince, I want you to take Mia with you when you go," I say.
"Why?" He asks.
"Mia doesn't need to stay here. Where there are so many bad memories. I also know you will never be over her. I think both know there was never going to be you and me. If there was it would have happened a long time ago. Plus she has liked you the whole time. You just didn't give her the type of attention she wanted." I answer.
"Yeah. Really? What type of attention does she need?" Vince asks.
"You saw how Brian treated her. And the way you treated me when no one was around. She wants attention like that. Someone she can have a simple conversation with." I answer.
"Okay. I'll take her with me and treat her right." Vince says.
"Thank you," I say before giving him one last kiss on the forehead. We go to sleep. The next morning Vince is discharged and we go the house.

"Mia, I want you to go with Vince. There are things that could still go down here and I don't want to see you get hurt." I say.
"Okay. I'll go." Mia answers. They pack and leave, saying they will keep in touch.

One Year Later

I finish college. One day about a year later, I'm working on Dom's charger in the garage when Bilkins comes in the garage. I guess we'll see where this goes.

(Dom P.O.V.)

I went to the Dominican and found Letty. I found me a muscle car and have made this my home for now. I think Brian and I have formed a friendship.

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those 10 seconds or less.... I'm free."