9.1

(August P.O.V.)

I was heading to the travel trailer, we had brought with us when Brian pulled up after winning his race and Jesse came out of the trailer in a hurry.

"What's up, Jesse?" I ask.
"What's up?" He asks.
"Hey, what's up, Jesse? What's in your hand?" Brian asks as he walks up. I then notice a pink slip in Jesse's hand and mentally facepalm.

"Throwing down the pink slip, just like you," Jesse explains. We are all walking towards his car.
"The pink slip to what? The Jetta?" Brian asks.
"Yeah." Jesse answers.
"You can't bet your dad's car," I say.
"It's all right. I ain't losing. This fool is running a Honda 2000." Jesse explains and when he says Honda 2000, Johnny Tran pops into my head.

"I'll win. That way, me and my dad can roll when he gets out of prison. It's all good." Jesse says.
"They're gonna throw him right back in prison after he kills you," I say as we reach his car. Leon gets out of the car.
"You visualize the win. Visualize the win, Jesse. I'm serious." Leon says.
"You got to listen to us, man," Brian says.
"Who are you racing?" I ask. Brian and I look over at the Honda 2000, just as the window rolls down, revealing Johnny Tran. Brian and I share an 'Oh shit!' look.

"Jesse, don't do it," I beg.
"I bet you he's got more than $100,000 under the hood of that car," Brian says trying to reason with him.
"Yep." Is all Jesse says before he gets in the car to race. Leon, Brian and I watch the race. Jesse loses after hitting his NOS too early. Jesse starts to leave. I run back to tell Dom. Leon and Brian watch Jesse leave.

"Yo! Heads up, bro." Vince says to Dom when he sees me running towards them.
"We got problems." I manage to get out.
"What?" Dom asks and everyone stands up.
"Jesse," I say.
"Where's Jesse going?" Dom asks noticing him leaving.
"He just raced Tran for slips," I explain as Brian and Leon finally show up.
"Oh, shit," Dom says as Johnny pulls up pissed.

"Where's he going?" Tran asks.
"He went to the car wash." Dom jokes.
"Whatever. Go fetch my car." Tran orders. By this time there is a crowd and Tran's crew has joined us.

"Go fetch your car? We're not on your block. You better watch who you talk to like that." Dom says. We turn to go sit down.
"Toretto!" Tran yells. Dom and I both turn around. "SWAT came into my house...." Tran says and I look at Brian out of extinct. I earn a weird look from Brian. "..disrespected my whole family, because somebody narked me out. And, you know what? It was you?" Johnny says pointing a finger at Dom. This pisses Dom off and he punches Johnny and keeps punching him. Lance goes to get Dom, but I punch him in the face knocking him to the ground. Dom is now on top of Tran.

"Get off of him, man," Leon says trying to get Dom off Tran. Security was starting to come.
"Dom, chill out, man. Come on!" Vince says as he drags Dom off of Tran.
"I never narked on nobody! I never narked on nobody!" Dom yells at Johnny.

(Brian P.O.V.)

I was looking for Mia. I was going to break up with her no matter the consequences. I was also looking for August, because earlier when Johnny mentioned SWAT coming into his house, she looked straight at me as if she knew I was apart of it. I went into the trailer looking for them, but they weren't there. Before I went back outside I looked out the window and saw Mia, Dom, August and the team by their cars. Mia, August, and Dom seemed to be arguing.

(August P.O.V.)

We were getting ready to leave for our last hijacking. The mother load. Mia and Dom were arguing.

"Mia," Dom says.
"I have respected you both and I haven't said shit. Now I am asking you both not to go." Mia says looking between Dom and me.
"I'm doing this for all of us," Dom says.
"Don't give me that crap. You're doing this for you. Why are you insisting on doing this? Dom, August, please, just don't." Mia tries to reason. Dom and everyone else gets in their cars. I hug Mia.

"Mia, I promise you that I will be back and I will make sure that the others get back. Please, take care of your self." I say to her. Everyone else leaves.
"Okay," Mia says with tears in her eyes.
"Brian is probably going to question you like crazy. Don't give in unless he mentions trouble. This one doesn't feel right, but Dom wants to do it, so I'm going to keep them safe." I tell Mia, before getting in my car and leaving.

(Brian P.O.V.)

After August drives away, I head to talk to Mia. I see Mia heading back to the trailer with tears in her eyes.

"Mia, what's going on?" I ask once I reach her.
"What?" Mia asks like I'm crazy.
"You know what I'm talking about," I say.
"No, I don't." She denies.
"You always have tears in your eyes when Dom and August drive away?" I ask.
"What's the matter with you?" Mia asks avoiding my question.
"What are they racing off to in the middle of the night for? You know about the trucks?" I ask her.
"No, Brian! What trucks?" Mia says trying to walk to the trailer. I get in front of her stopping her. "Jesus Christ. What?" Mia asks.

"Listen to me. Mia, I'm a cop." I say blowing my cover.
"What are you talking about, Brian? What is this?" Mia asks me with a look of betrayal on her face.
"Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover. I'm a cop." I explain.
"Oh, you bastard. You bastard." She calls me. She takes off for the trailer.
"Mia," I say grabbing her arm.
"Get off of me, Brian!" Mia says trying to get away.

"Mia! Listen to me! Yes, everything I ever said or felt was a lie. But this isn't about you and me. Dom and August are out there to pull a job. We're running out of time. Those truckers aren't laying down anymore. Maybe they'll make it through tonight, but every law enforcement agency is coming down on them. If you don't want anything to happen to them, you have to get in that car with me right now and help me. Mia, you are the only person that can help me right now. Please, Mia. Please help me. If not for me, then for the team. For August. For Dom." I say to her.

"Civics are stashed somewhere outside of Thermal." She says as we are getting into my car.
"They wouldn't double back, and Highway 10 is too well patrolled," I say as we take off. I hand Mia a map and she looks at all the places we just talked about.

"So, what does that leave us with?" I ask.
"All this," Mia says pointing at the map. I get my phone out to call the phone company.
"Nextel." The company lady says.
"This is Officer Brian O'Conner. Serial number 34762. I need a cell phone trace." I say.
"Okay. What's the cell number?" The lady asks. I hand Mia the phone.
"Mia, what is it? Come on, Mia. She needs Dom's or August's cell phone number now." I say. Mia takes the phone and gives the lady a number. Mia hands the phone back.

"Thank you," I tell Mia. "Yeah, you get that?" I ask the lady on the phone.
"Who's number did you give her?" I ask her.
"August's," Mia says looking out the window.