Chapter 10

In the morning, Branch woke up, as the sun shined in his face.

☀️

     He blinked his eyes open, looking at the ground next to him. He jumped to his feet, suddenly wide awake, as he looked around frantically. Poppy was gone.

     "Poppy!" Branch yelled, panicking. "Poppy! Where are you!?"

     Suddenly, a giant bird swooped down, scooping him up off the ground. (Well... technically the bird was normal sized, but it seemed giant, since Branch was so small)

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed, the bird, holding him by the back of his vest, as it flew through the air.

     "Let go!" Branch shouted, trying to get away. He looked down, his eyes widening in fear at how high he was.

     "Don't let go!" he shouted, clinging onto the bird's leg.

     He looked up, noticing that someone was on the birds back. They stood, staring down at Branch. They were wearing a mask, and held a stick with Growl Beast teeth tied to it.

     Branch whimpered in fear, looking up at them, not knowing what to do.

     "Luctar," the creature suddenly said, but Branch could tell they weren't talking to him.

     Suddenly, the bird let go of Branch, sending him tumbling towards the ground.

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed, plummeting down to earth. He was headed right for a pile of leaves, head first.

     He put his arms out, covering his face, as he fell through the pile of leaves, sliding down a slide like hole, which was hidden underneath them.

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed, sliding.

     Finally, he reached the bottom of the hole, hitting the ground, as he was forced into a triple summersault.

     "Ow," he groaned, finally stopping, as he lay on his stomach, his face against the dirt.

     "Branch!" he suddenly heard. He looked up, seeing Poppy standing over him.

     "Poppy!" he yelled, jumping to his feet, as he hugged her tight. "I'm so glad you're ok."

     She pulled away from him, looking around.

     "Where are we?" she asked. Branch began to look around too.

They were in what looked like a cave.

"I have no idea. But we need to get out of here."

Before they could do anything, the creature who had been on the bird, came sliding down the hole, standing right in front of them, holding her stick up, as if she was about to attack.

Branch pushed his way in front of Poppy, holding his arms up to protect her.

Slowly, the creature approached, her head tilted, as she stared past Branch, right at Poppy.

Poppy cowered behind Branch, as he blocked her.

"Stay back!" Branch shouted. "I'm warning you!"