14

Jo's mind was running in circles as she sat in Kendall's recovery room. Kendall was lucky nothing else happened to him besides his legs paralyzed and a concussion.
"Hey, how's he doing?" Jennifer asked as she offered a coffee to Jo.
"Doctors said he should make a full recovery." Jo sighed.
"I don't know how I can handle any of this anymore. I can't deal with two kids, a wedding we have to plan, and now Kendall needing physical therapy. I just can't." Jo gasped when she realized mama Knight didn't know about the pregnancy.
"I'm going to be a grandmother again." Everyone was crying.
"How long are you?"
"6 weeks probably. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment tomorrow but I don't even know."
"Hey you are strong. I want you to go home in the morning and check on Jackson. I don't want you to add stress to this baby. Everything will be ok."
"Thanks Mama Knight." Jo leaned on to Jennifer as Jo tried to calm herself down.
————
Everyone had tired Jackson out by feeding him corn dogs, cookies, and soda. James had carried him up to be and everyone gathered in the living room.
"Anything about Kendall?" Logan asked.
"He's in recovery. Jo said the doctors think he'll make a full recovery. He's going to need a lot of physical therapy but he's going to be ok." Camille answered.
"He's Kendall Knight. If he was able to make it through a few concussions in hockey and a broken ankle, I mean you can make it through this right." James said.
"He's a fighter. He's always been strong. He got this." Logan chimes in.
"It's making me think back to the whole time we didn't talk to him for those five years. I mean we barely made up with him. But think back to when something like this could've happened during those years." Carlos told everyone, not knowing what to say.
Logan, James, and Carlos met up almost every week when they had a day off. Ever since they had moved out of the Palmwoods, they had tried to get used to everything being normal between the three of them. They had all gone their own ways but kept in touch. They knew Kendall was keeping his distance but they were best friends. Best friends who don't abandon each other.
"He'll come around eventually, right." Carlos asked, snacking on a sandwich.
"I'm sure. Let's hope for the best."
"We can't think like that. You're in the present times now. He's going to be stronger than ever." James said.
"Jo said we can go by in the morning and see him. She has some appointments so Mama Knight is going to be with him. Katie is going to come by in the morning and take care of him." Lucy told everyone.
"Come on, let's get some sleep. We have a busy day ahead of us." Camille said.
————
Jo had left early in the morning to get home to change for her appointment.
Jo filled out the necessary paperwork and waited to be called back. As she was called back, she got dressed in the gown and waited for the doctor.
"Hi Ms. Taylor, I'm Dr. Xiong." The doctor said,
"Will your partner be joining you today?"
"My fiancé, but no not right now." Jo answered.
"Well congrats. So it looks like your baby is about 2 months old. You see the fetus right there." The doctor pointed out.
"It looks like a healthy baby. Do you have any questions." Jo shook her head.
"You can get dressed and go in the front to make another appointment."
"Actually can I get these photos printed out? My fiancée is going to be so happy." Jo had tears running down her face. They were happy tears and worried tears. Happy for a healthy baby but how could she handle a baby, child at home, and Kendall needing therapy. She just needed to handle everything one step at a time.
————
'Hockey Player and musician Kendall Knight is reportedly in stable condition at Cedar-Sinai Medical Center after getting into a car accident. No other details have been released. We ask you to keep in your prayers.'
Morgan turned off his tv and grabbed his phone and keys. His wife and daughter were out for the morning so he decided to go check on his son.
"Hi I'm looking for my son Kendall Knight."
"Kendall Knight is upstairs in room 328." The nurse told him, giving him a visiting pass.
As he rounded the corner he was able to see his ex wife and what he assumed to be his friends.
"Um hello." Morgan said.
"We'll give you a minute." Logan said, motioning to the rest of his friends and girlfriend out of the room.
"Hello Morgan." Jennifer said.
"Hello Jennifer."
"I'll leave you alone with him." And Jennifer left the room and joined the friends outside.
"Hi son. I'm sure you can hear me. You're probably surprised to hear me I guess. I'm sorry this has happened to you son. I'll come again once you're awake." Morgan got up and waved goodbye to everyone but waited for Jennifer to finish her video call.
"You'd mind walking me to the elevator?"
"Sure."
"Do you know what happened to Kendall?"
"He was hit from the side while getting lunch. He has a concussion and paralyzed in his legs."
"Wow. I'm sorry to hear that Jen."
"I know you want to say something else. You can say it."
"I'm sorry how I ended things with you. I'm sorry for leaving you and the kids."
"I can't hold it against you. I forgive you. Just be there for Kendall and Katie."
"I will. I want to be a better father now than I was before."
"I know you can. But it's not up to me to see if you can be a better father. You have your wife and daughter. You can show them you can be a better husband and father than you were able to all those years ago. Show Kendall and Katie you want to be in their lives. Because I can't promise that to them."
"Ok. I can promise that. I swear I'll be a better father this time."
————
So we saw glimpses of how the boys made it normal while Kendall was gone. Kendall's father wants to be back in the picture. A glimpse of a new baby for Kendall and Jo. Any suggestions are welcomed. I hoped you loved it. Until next time.