Stay the night

Hope and Josie were eating dinner with Freya and Keelin. And strangely it wasn't awkward. Hope And Josie made polite conversation with everyone, and Keelin even said she liked Josie at one point. Once dinner was over Hope excused herself from the table before grabbing Josie's hand again. Hope noticed the little smirk her aunt gave her and smiled lightly before they both headed back up to Hope's room. Walking In Hope dropped on her bed turning to Josie and patting the empty spot next to her "Come lay next to me". Josie nodded and walked over before laying next to Hope. They laid talking for a while when Hope sat up frowning. "What's up Hope?" Hope looked down at Josie before talking. "How are you getting Home tonight?" Josie just shrugged as she spoke "I'll just call my chauffeur to come pick me up".

Hope frowned a little before speaking "Stay here tonight". Josie looked at Hope surprised "Hope I have to go home. My dads already mad that I ditched my bodyguard and came here. If I don't come home he will literally kill me". Hope spoke slightly firmer this time "Stay here". Josie sighed as she spoke "why?" Hope smiled lightly as a clap of thunder rumbled through her room followed by a flash of lightning "That's why". Josie nodded understanding as the rain began to pour down outside. Josie pulled her phone out before dialing a number. After a few rings there was an answer "Hello dad, There's a storm out and I don't want my chauffeur driving me back in it is it okay If I stay here tonight?"

Hope knew it was wrong but she used her vamp hearing to listen  as Josie's dad answered "No, I will send MG to get you, he can give you some of his blood as a precaution incase of an accident". Hope was confused for a moment before realizing that MG must be a vampire and without warning growled  as she took the phone from Josie "Mr. Saltzman, Hope Mikaelson here. I just want to tell you that your daughter will be staying with me tonight. And regardless of who you send she will remain here until tomorrow. I will not have it on my conscience if something happens to her, and I will not allow you to feed her vampire blood as a safety precaution". Hope listened as Alaric spoke back "Miss Mikaelson. Considering my daughter likes you and you showed her she can trust her I will allow her to stay. However I must state that I wish for you to sleep separately. She has been confused as of late and I have a suitor due to meet her tomorrow evening".

Hope felt her heart constrict at the thought of Josie being forced to be with a man. Growling she spoke back "Your daughter can sleep where she wishes. As for tomorrow evening you should cancel. She might not be home". Hope hung up and looked at Josie who was staring at her looking slightly surprised "I can't believe you just spoke to my father like that. If he didn't hate you then he will now". Hope smiled lightly at Josie and Josie could tell that something was wrong "Hope? What's wrong?" Hope just frowned as she turned to Josie "Your father had a suitor due to meet you tomorrow evening". Hope noticed how Josie became tense and irritable "I knew he would do this". Hope looked at her questioningly "Do what?" Josie sighed as she explained. "I spoke to my mother yesterday and told her that I like girls. She was totally okay with it and was even happy for me. But when I told my father he was less thrilled. He said he's okay with whoever I love. But he still expects me to fall in love with a man that he chooses".

Hope frowned as she spoke "Have you ever been in love?" Josie seemed hesitant before answering "Yes. Once". Hope frowned even more hearing that "Oh, was it with a Male or female?" Josie smiled lightly as she answered "Female, her name was Finch. She was one of my maids and I fell in love with her. She also felt the same way. So one night she snuck into my room and we slept together, until My father caught us. he fired her straight away then a few weeks later she had to move away". Hope was conflicted with emotions at the moment. She was sad That Josie was sad and that she had been In love before. Jealous that she wouldn't be Josie's first if anything were to ever happen. Angry at Josie's father for his behavior. But happy that Josie had been happy.

Hope was silent for a second lost in her thoughts when she felt Josie's hand touch hers. The small shock that she felt from it was enough to snap her out her thought "Are you okay Hope? You seemed deep in thought". Hope smiled as she nodded "I'm okay Jo, just sleepy I guess". Josie checked the time and saw it was quite late. Smiling lightly she stood up "Will you show me a guest room?" Hope frowned a little bit before answering Josie ignoring what Alaric had said to her "Stay in here with me". Hope noticed that Josie was a little hesitant but she nodded "Okay. Do you want to settle down then?" Hope stood up and went in her drawer before grabbing two sets of pajamas out and handing one to Josie "Here, you can change in here or the bathroom". Josie thanked Hope as she entered the adjoining bathroom to Hope's room. 

Hope had just finished getting changed when Josie entered her room. Hope watched as Josie walked through the door as she was just pulling her top over her shoulders. Hope felt her eyes flash gold as she scanned Josie's body rather un subtly. Josie had noticed That Hope was staring at her and she could only explain the look she was getting as Bedroom eyes. Josie's could feel Hope's eyes on her as she walked over to her bed and climbed in it. It had given her goose bumps and Hope must have noticed "Are you cold?" Josie swallowed thickly as she answered "No, really hot actually". Hope quickly walked over to the window opening it. The storm was still raging outside but Hope didn't care as long as Josie was comfortable. Once she was done she climbed into bed next to Josie and laid down soon mirrored by her.

Hope and Josie just laid looking at each other listening to the thunder outside when Hope spoke "Hey Jo. What is it like?" Hope noticed Josie look at her confused "What is what like?" Hope frowned a little as she spoke "Being in love?" Hope noticed Josie smile lightly as she reached her hand out and began running her fingers through Hope's hair "Its like the most beautiful pain you could ever feel". Hope frowned a little "Isn't love meant to be painless?" Josie smiled a little again "Let me tell you one of my favorite quotes that I feel like explains love. It goes, There is no way to hold something truly beautiful, not without consequences. There is a reason why Rose's have thorns". Josie noticed that Hope was starting to fall asleep but before she did she spoke once more "Maybe that's why it hurts when I hold you then. It's my consequence for holding something beautiful". Josie felt her heart race and her breath hitch but didn't say anything as Hope had now fallen asleep, Taking a deep breath Josie smiled widely before also letting herself drift of to sleep.