"What's that?" she asked, setting the toy back at the table.

"A hairpin." he responded jubilantly. "I think it'll look good on you." he smiled.

She stared at him, then back at the hairpin. It reminded her of the pin Shinobu nee-san used for her wedding, except this one was smaller. "You think so?" she smiled and he hummed confidently.

She was admiring the hairpin when she noticed the wisteria crest over Tanjirou's shoulder. That was the house they were looking for. She stood up straight and pointed towards its direction. "We need to go, Tanjirou-kun." she said as she started walking to the house.

Tanjirou stood there for a moment before bowing to the vendor and following her towards the wisteria house. The house was big and the family welcomed them politely. They gave them both sleeping robes, prepared the bath, and their food. Kanao went for the bathroom first after his insistence and he stayed in his room to prepare the futons for him and his sister. Nezuko fell asleep in her bed shortly after.

He went next once Kanao was done. He didn't even realize how tired he really was until his body was fully submerged in the water. He didn't get any sleep since yesterday. It was like his body was just giving up right then and there. His patrol last night wasn't as challenging, but staying in total concentration all night was tiring, excluding the amount of time he spent watching over the village.

He managed to master enough strength to leave the tempting warm bath and change into his sleeping robe, making sure it covered all the skin it could envelop to shield himself from the cold night air.

When he opened the door, he bumped into his partner. She was carrying extra blankets and pillows with her. A smile formed on her face as soon as she saw him. Yet as she was about to apologize for knocking against him, she noticed just how worn out Tanjirou was, and she couldn't help but feel worried for him.

"Tanjirou are you okay? You look very tired." she asked, her eyebrows knitting.

Tanjirou was hoping that she wouldn't notice. He guessed that he was a bit too spent to ever successfully hide it now. "Yeah... But it's okay." he reassured, closing his eyes as he gave her his best grin. Kanao wasn't having it.

She placed all the linen she carried in one arm and used the other to gently place it on Tanjirou's forehead. Thankfully, his temperature was normal. "You need energy for tomorrow, so please eat and get some sleep after." she said before turning her attention to one of the house's main keepers who walked by.

Tanjirou stood frozen. He found himself extremely dumbfounded. D-did she just?-- He watched as she explained to the eldest daughter of the house that she helped take down the freshly washed laundry and the pillows. The girl, around the same age as Nezuko, thanked her and apologized for having given the Hashira extra work. Kanao was quick to dismiss this, saying that it was the least she could do for the family for taking them in on such short notice.

After the exchange, Kanao shifted her attention back to Tanjirou who stood in his position, unmoved - as it would seem, and invited him to join her for dinner.

He took a moment to respond, having been caught in his own thoughts. He knows that Kanao is kind; not once has he ever smelled any trace of malice within her. And he's met quite a lot of people who shared the very nature; those people, he admired most of all. Yet, something about Kanao just seems to intrigue him, something that sets her apart somehow.