I clicked on the profile picture surrounded by a green circle. His face quickly filled my screen.  The background was noisy, so I assumed this was from last night.  I clicked through the story until it automatically exited, turning the green circle into a grey one. It was all from last night.

I reloaded the page and something new had popped up.  His profile picture now had a green circle surrounding it.  He was showing the room around him.  The one that came with his "Hunter Privileges."

I slid up, allowing me to send him a message. 

Taking visitors?

I waited for his response and it came sooner than I expected.

yes ma'am.

I smiled before turning to my friends.   I put my phone in my pocket as I stood up.

"I'm going to see someone.  See ya," I said simply before walking away from them.

I walked toward the room, nervous for some reason.  Maybe it was the fact that I was going so that I could see Press.  Or maybe it was that last time I was there, I took my leave as everyone stared.  Probably the latter. 

I knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer.  It only took a few seconds for the girl everyone knew as Abby to one it, though not enough for me to walk in.

"Need something?" she asked coldly.

"You guys all live in here?" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.  

She stared at me as if I had just insulted her mother.  She crossed her arms behind the door, and I knew she was growing annoyed.  How was I supposed to know not to make jokes?

"Press said I could come," I answered her initial question.

She looked behind her as she called for him as if this were some serious club.

"Welcome," he smiled as she moved out of the way.

"You've got some serious security," I chuckled as I followed him in.

He made his way to the small kitchenette that held bottles of alcohol.  He grabbed a red solo cup and poured a bottle of whatever came in a brown bottle.  Sure, I had my fair share of alcohol, but I would in no way consider myself an alcohol professional.

"Want some?" he asked nonchalantly.

I nodded my head.  His smile grew as he grabbed another cup and filled it, though not as much as he gave himself.

We sat at a couch, this time not as secluded from everyone else.  

"You're Aylin, right?" One of the boys asked as I sat next to Press.

I nodded, "Yeah."

"Yeah, yeah.  I've seen you around before.  You hang out with Marcus?" the boy continued.

"Not really.  I used to, but he's kind of a dick."

The boy nodded before Abby changed the topic to what she and Ginny had bought from the gift shop today.

As we all listened to her story, I drank my drink as fast as I could. I didn't understand how they could all just sit there and listen to their trivial stories.  I felt myself daydreaming about something better.  Anything better.  I'm sure even arguing with Marcus would have been better than this.  He would probably tell me that I was overreacting and how just needed to hear his side of the story and then I would have to explain how there isn't much he could explain to make me understand why he was making out with other girls.

Pulling me from my thoughts, I felt a hand on my thigh.  I looked beside me to see Press' hand squeezing it as he lifted his cup to his face with his other hand.

I smiled as I looked in front of me.  Hunter was now explaining something he and Ginny did a while ago.  Something along the lines of they were at the mall.

As I pretended to enjoy their shitty stories, I kept a smile on my face.  This was what it was like to be popular.  I'd be lying if I said I never imagined what it'd be like to be a part of this friend group.  And now I knew. 

A knock at the door prompted Abby to put on her security face and slightly open it.  At least I knew it wasn't her disliking me.  She spoke with the person for a few seconds before letting them in.

His familiar face made his way directly to me.  Marcus grabbed my hand and pulled me off the couch.  

"Can we talk?"

"Yo, what's wrong with you?" Press stood up, placing himself in front of me.

They stared at each other as if they were ready to fight in the middle of all their friends.   

I put my hand on Press' shoulder. 

"It's fine, I'll just go with him," I sighed.

"You sure?" Press asked.  

That question prompted Marcus to look confused.  

"Yeah."

"Text me if you need anything.  And I mean anything," he winked at me.

I smiled before grabbing Marcus by his wrist and dragging him out like the child he was.

"What?"

"I'm sorry.  I really am."