041| Distant

CHAPTER FORTY ONE!

CHAPTER FORTY ONE!

"Just do me a favour and stop being annoying."

Y/n wasn't paying attention to the class, she was thinking of ways to cheer Regulus up, to get his old self back again. The happy, bubbly Regulus she loved.

Maybe the lake, just them talking at the lakeside, just the two of them. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

When class was over, she was relieved, and got up from her chair immediately, running out of the classroom.

Remus saw her, and found it a bit odd.

Y/n searched and searched around the castle. She couldn't find him anywhere. She even started asking other students about Regulus' whereabouts, but they all said they hadn't seen him.

She went down to the dungeons and walked into the potions classroom, and there he was, sitting alone.

"Hey, there you are," Y/n smiled widely. "Do you want to go to the lake?"

Regulus didn't even react. He stayed silent. He didn't even smile or looked at her. But then he said,

"No."

It wasn't like Regulus at all to reject her. So Y/n worriedly asked, "Are you okay?"

"Fine," he replied. But he didn't look it. His eyes were dark, it wasn't like Regulus, not at all.

"You don't look–" Y/n approached him and placed a hand on his arm, but he snatched it away.

"Don't touch me," he growled.

"Regulus, what–"

"Merlin, Y/n, just do me a favour and stop being annoying."

Regulus had never talked to her like that, at least not after they became close.

But Y/n knew this wasn't him. It can't be. Something had happened to him. And maybe she couldn't find out now, but she would. Soon enough.

"Meet me when you're Regulus again, will you?" she said. Again, Regulus gave no response, so she walked back to her dormitory.

No one was there when she arrived. Y/n sat down on her bed, and started to rummage through her old things.

She found the scrapbook Remus gave her, and when she opened it, the compass necklace that he also gifted to her was still inside.

She'd taken it off after they broke up, when Regulus encouraged her too. He said she'd feel better. But surprise, surprise, she didn't. It made her feel worse.

Regulus himself made her feel better though.

She flipped through the pages of the book, finding pictures of them together. First year, second year, third, fourth, fifth, sixth. Their couple photos from sixth to the start of seventh year. They looked happy, and Y/n knew that she was.

In one of the pictures that happened to be her personal favourite, she was cupping Remus' face, grinning, and he was kissing her cheek.

She remembered the party they took it at. Sirius took it.

But then she heard knocks from her door. Y/n yelled, "It's open!" She thought it was one of her room mates, but the knocks didn't stop.

So Y/n stood up and opened the door.

It was Remus.

She thought she was dreaming, imagining things. Maybe it was someone else, but because she'd been staring at his pictures for some time, she'd seen Remus.

When she shook her head, nothing changed. It was really him.

"We need to talk."