Part 5

Warnings: too many dialogues??? 😬

It was hard. It was extremely hard to tolerate her son, whenever I thought I had just about had enough of him he proved me wrong by annoying me, throwing in some snarky comment and the endless pranks, which he seemed to always get away with. Even Alex had teamed up with him, I hated that he even got my own brother on his side.

Today I was relatively occupied thanks to dad, today the royal court was in session and he asked me to be there to observe, it was always nice to see him in his element just like every other day, also it was the only way we could spend time together and I wouldn't have it any other way.

After dinner I went up to my room to get ready for bed when all of a sudden, the shattering of glass and a loud thud made me shriek, my legs gave way so I couldn't run, instantly I fell to the ground and curled up in a ball trying to shield myself from whatever was coming.

I didn't hear the door open but I felt someone's arms scooping me up and carrying me out, as soon as my vision became clearer they were met with a familiar pair of blue eyes. "Y/n, are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked me, checking my arms for scratches or bruises and pushing away the stray hair out of my face so he could take a better look.

"I'm fine." I croaked out trying to compose myself, I noticed we were in his room. "What happened?" Before Harrison could answer the door burst open and my parents came in along with a few guards.

"Honey are you okay?" Mom asked, she had a few tears brimmed at her eyes; I reassured her that I was fine.

"What happened?" I asked once again. Dad sat beside me and held my trembling hand, "Someone tried to attack you." He said softly. I began to steady my breaths and tried to stay calm, wiping away the tears, that is when dad stood up and turned to one of the guards, "I need you to do a full perimeter sweep of the castle, whoever must have done this must have not gone far by now." the guard bowed and left to do what dad commanded him.

"As for you," he turned to me, "It's far to dangerous for you be alone now, so you will spend the rest of the night here in Harrison's room. And I am not taking no for an answer, I trust him so you will be safe okay? You should get some rest now, you have had a long day." I tried to protest but he cut me off by placing a soft kiss on my forehead and left with mom, leaving me and Harrison alone.

"So.." He trailed off.

"We are not sharing the bed!" I cut him off.

"Fine, I'll take the couch." He turned to his heels, took a pillow and went to the couch whereas I tucked myself under the soft covers. "Good night Y/n" the blonde called out, I simply ignored him and let tiredness of the day take over me, drifting off to sleep.

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a few minutes to adjust to the sun rays peeking through the curtains and filling the room, and then my eyes landed on him. He was supposed to be sleeping on the couch not this close to me with his hand draped over my waist. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed and pushed him off the bed, he fell off with a loud thud a soft groan escaping his lips. "Last night you slept on the couch, how did you get here?"

"Well the couch was not very comfortable." He got up and stretched, his shirt riding up his torso giving me a glimpse of his chiseled abs. "I knew this wasn't a good idea." I muttered to myself, getting up and heading to my room.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going for a bath, wanna join me?" I said, but before he could say anything I cut him off, "It wasn't an invitation!" I warned and slammed the door shut behind me, I could just feel his lips turning into a smirk from behind the door. When I entered my room there was a different type of emptiness hanging in the air, wind rushing through the broken windows. I got ready and went down for breakfast, walking up to my seat my brother was itching to talk to me.