Epilogue

• Dedicated to Everyone Reading This <3

Epilogue-Christmas

*3 Years Later*

Rae's POV

The warm fire crackled, and I wrapped my blanket close. I hate the snow, so I was trying to get as warm as I could, and pretend it wasn't outside.

"Are you okay, babe?" I heard Harry ask from the kitchen. Harry had invited me to his mum's house for Christmas, since my parents had decided to take off to Mexico. Without me.

"I'm fine," I said, "I'm just pretending it's not cold."

"It's not THAT cold," Harry laughed, "You look like a purple marshmallow."

I rolled my eyes just as Harry sat down beside me, handing me one of the cups of tea he was holding.

I looked down at my drink, "Is this-"

"Earl Grey, milk, no sugar," he clarified, "Just as you like it."

I smiled and took a sip. It was even the perfect temperature.

"Thanks," I said softly, and rested my head on Harry's shoulder. He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. We were silent for a few long, comfortable minutes, before Harry spoke again.

"Thank you for coming, but won't your sister be lonely on Christmas?" he whispered.

"I asked Claire if she wanted me to stay at least a hundred times, but she told me to go. She refused the invite to go to America too. I feel bad."

Harry squeezed me tighter, "You can always go back, you know."

"But then I'll let you down, and besides, I want to stay."

"Okay, babe. Just know that I love you no matter where you are. You do know that, right?"

I nodded and kissed him gently, "I know. I love you too, Harry."

************

Natalie's POV

I looked around the room excitedly, glad to be surrounded by all the people I love. Aside from one, of course, but Zayn was spending Christmas with his family, same as me.

"So, Natalie, how's the music coming?" my uncle asked.

"Great," I said, "Status Single is still going strong."

"That's good," my dad said, "How is Zayn?"

I smiled, happy with the topic, "He's great. He's having a nice Christmas."

"That's good, sweetheart. How are your friends?"

"Great. I'm glad to have them."

Suddenly, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out and saw a picture of Zayn I had taken awhile ago when we went to a Halloween party. He was dressed up like a Power Ranger, minus the helmet. It was the picture I had chosen as his contact photo.

"That's Zayn now," I told my family, "Excuse me for a minute."

I saw my father smile as I hopped off my chair and walked into the other room, before answering it, "Hey!"

"Hi, Nat. How are you?" he asked.

"Great! I miss you, though."

"I miss you too. I can't wait to see you on New Years."

I smiled, "Me neither. How's your family?"

Zayn laughed, "Crazy, as usual. I wish you were here. It might have been a bit easier with you around."

"I wish. But I love you."

"I love you too. Merry Christmas, Nat."

"Merry Christmas, Zayn."