The Tables Have Turned

A/N: I now have 5 ongoing stories... Awesome! This is an AU I thought up and couldn't resist writing. As always, I'm not Bruno! Votes, comments, and follows are always appreciated.

~*~

"Hey Boss," VanPelt says confused, "A woman just called in about the murder of John Newtown, should I have someone pick her up?"

"I'll get Rigsby and Cho on it," Special Agent Patrick Jane replies with a smile, "Let's see what she knows."

"Sure thing boss."

~*~*~

"So tell me, Miss. Lisbon, what brought you to the CBI today?"

"I know about John Newtown." She replies, looking up at the ceiling.

"Where were you two nights ago when Mr. Newtown was murdered?"

"At home." She replies sharply, her green eyes burning into him, "But I saw it. I saw him die."

"So you were there?" Agent Jane asks, slightly annoyed. If there was one thing he hated, it was indirect answers.

"No, I wasn't." She replies defensively, putting her hands on the table, "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"I've heard some crazy things Miss. Lisbon, try me."

It takes all of his self control not to smile at her, she is truly breathtaking. Her long, dark hair is pulled back in a loose bun, her lips are a light shade of pink, her nails painted to match.

"My mother died when I was twelve. My father he," she looks at her lap and takes a deep breath, "my father took his own life soon after. Ever since my mother passed, I've seen things. People, going on with their lives, but every once in a while I see people dying, being killed. I saw John Newtown die."

"You are aware it is a crime to lie to law enforcement, aren't you Miss. Lisbon?"

"I'm not lying!" She replies, frustration in her voice, "Let me show you."

"Show me what?" Jane inquires, tired of her silly games.

"Put out your hand." He places his hand in hers and she can feel him tense up. She closes her eyes and places her thumbs in the center of his hand, lightly pressing down.

"Yesterday morning," She begins, "You woke up at 5:45 A.M. and dressed in a pair of black dress pants and a blue striped shirt. You stopped on the way to work at Stella's Café and ordered an Earl Grey tea. You were drinking the tea while you were driving and spilled some on the passenger seat. It stained. You keep your service weapon in the bottom left desk drawer in your office, which is odd because you are right handed. You're an only child, and both your parents are deceased. You took this job as a way to distract yourself from the past." She slowly opens her eyes and looks at him, his sky-blue ones full of emotion.

"Thank you." He pulls his hand away from hers and stands up, "Because you have information relating to the case, my team will be holding you for the next 48 hours. I will send in agents to question you, followed by one to check on you every hour if you need anything."

"Thank you." She smiles as he storms out.

~*~*~

"Team meeting, now!" He exclaims once he is back in the bullpen, "Now!"

"Sorry Boss." Cho, Rigsby, and VanPelt apologize in unison, "What's wrong?"

"That woman in there, she knows things." He points in the direction of the interrogation room, "She knew what I wore to work yesterday and the café I stopped at on the way here. She knew I spilled the tea and that it stained my seat. She says she saw the Newtown murder just like she saw me."

"Maybe she's stalking you." Cho deadpans, leaning against the desk, "How else would she know?"

"I don't know." He sighs, running a hand through his hair, "But we have to see what she knows about Newtown."

"Let me, please." VanPelt urges, "Rigsby and I can handle it."

"Fine." Jane sighs, turning towards his office, "Just don't give her your hand."

"Sure thing Boss." They reply and head towards interrogation.

~*~*~

"I'm Agent VanPelt and this is Agent Rigsby." VanPelt introduces as the take their seats across from her, "Can you tell us what you know about the John Newtown murder?"

"I already told the other Agent that I saw it. What more do you want?"

"How did he die?" Rigsby asks, resting his forearms on the table, intrigued by Teresa's 'powers.'

Teresa closes her eyes and thinks for a moment, "He suffocated. Your analysts will tell you he was suffocated with a pillow but that's incorrect." She states calmly, "He was suffocated with the green and blue shower curtain. The threads from the pillow were placed in his mouth to throw you off."

"And how do you know that?" Grace asks, flipping through her folder.

"I saw it." She says slightly annoyed with repeating herself.

"What else do you know?" VanPelt inquires, "Take us through the crime."

"5:27 P.M. two nights ago. Johnathan H. Newtown, age 43. 9197 North Lands Boulevard. He's sitting in a brown leather recliner, drinking a beer, Yuengling. By the looks of it he's already had five or six. He is visibly distraught. He keeps picking up his phone and putting it back down. A problem with a girlfriend or lover, maybe? There's a knock on the door and he opens it a man in a black hat pushes him down the hall and starts punching him. They end up fighting in the bathroom. Newtown thinks he can hide in the shower but he can't. The man with the hat holds the curtain over his face until he stops breathing. The killer moves him to the bedroom and holds the pillow over his face to make sure he is dead. Your team arrives at 11:30 A.M. the next day. you two," she looks at Rigsby and VanPelt causing both of them to blush, "you dropped her off at her house and she met you at the scene. How sweet." She smiles happily, "Am I done?"

"Huh? Uhm, yes. Thank you for your help." Rigsby replies as he and VanPelt quickly exit the room and leave behind the woman that seemed to know everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope everyone likes it so far, I know I do😉