V2: Chapter Thirty Four

Comenzar desde el principio

Zoe stood beside Kendra. "We've had about ten vampires go missing. When we followed their trail, we were lead into this bar. I don't think it's a coincidence that these vampires targeted the humans here. Something seems off about this bar."

Jack greeted Luke and Zoe before glancing around. "Where is the owner of the bar?"

"He wasn't here when this happened, but we're working on locating him," Jessica said from where she stood with Aaron beside the bodies.

Aaron crouched beside the pools of blood, narrowing his eyes. "It's obvious this wasn't for blood...It must have been personal."

"Have the bodies been identified?" Asked Jack.

Jessica pulled out her cellphone. "The council has been sent all the information. All victims were females and close friends. Four of the victims were twenty-five, the other's range from nineteen two to twenty three. I hate to disappoint, but we can't determine the reason for the brutal attack."

When a tall man entered the bar, Luke attempted to get him out, but he refused to do so. "I know who did this! It was a couple of bloodsuckers!"

"Sir, you need to calm down," Jessica said.

"How the fuck do you want me to calm down! Look at what they did!" He gestured to the bodies. "I know that y'all can smell their scent and track them! What the fuck are y'all waiting for!"

When three people stood at the entrance, the man completely lost it. "There they are!"

All three, who obviously were vampire due to their fragrance, knelt and hung their heads.

"Kill them! What the hell are y'all waiting for!" When the man pulled out a gun, Aaron moved and yanked it out of his hold. He aimed it at the man's head, eyes slowly swirling to pitch-black. The man's eyes almost popped out of their sockets as Aaron stared at him, no  sign of humanity in his darkened eyes.

What the hell are you doing? Kendra asked through their bond.

"You need to calm down," Aaron said to the man, but didn't lower the handgun until Kendra placed her hand on his wrist. 

The man took a couple of steps back before pointing at all of them. "Y'all don't give two fucks about us!"

The dark haired woman let out a humorless laugh. "How dare you play the victim, human."

"Explain yourself, now." Luke stood in front of the group of vampires. "Why did you attack this human's bar?"

One of the males hissed in irritation and lurched to his feet but before he could do something that would cost him his life, the woman managed to stop him. "Forgive us, but we followed the trail of our comrades here."

"These humans were serving vampire blood," the man with the bright green hair said. "Test their drinks and you'll see we're not lying. We sent a human friend here and she can testify in front of the council if necessary."

"Lies!"

Luke moved and now held the human by the neck. "If what they say is true, you'll be convicted and executed without mercy." Now, he glanced at Zoe. "Search the bar."