The Start of Friendship

You took your seat in Computer Tech, and Piko went up to the teacher to ask where he sat and get a briefing of the class rules. You frowned slightly when the teacher pointed him over to the computer 4 seats over from you. "I guess we won't be able to talk as much in this period as I thought..." Pushing aside your dismay you logged into the computer and started your assignment, you had to do a project on computers throughout the years. The class itself was rather easy and you never had trouble in it.

"(Y/N) could you help Piko? All the other kids are behind and I'm aware you're almost finished with your project." Your teacher said. It was more of an order then a question, but you didn't mind, you wanted to talk to Piko anyways and this was your chance. "Yes sir." You replied as you walked over to his computer. "I don't need help.." Piko said in a hushed almost bitter voice. You looked at Piko's computer and viewed the project he had just started; "He's right.. He doesn't really need help does he...?" You thought. "You may not need help but.. The teacher thinks you do. So I'll just pretend to help you okay?" You said smiling slightly. "Alright...Is this all you do in this class? Make projects on computers?" Piko said clicking away on this computer. "Man... He may take my place as top of class, he's working on this project really fast.." You thought before replying to his question. "Yeah pretty much, it's a super easy class."
Piko replied with a "Tell me about it" and told you to go work on your project and not waste your time by his computer station, you nodded and told the teacher Piko had everything covered then headed back to your computer, resuming your work.

The bell rang as you picked up your things and walked over to Piko as he exited the classroom. "I figured since you're new here you probably wouldn't have a place to sit.. So do you want to sit with me?" You asked Piko as you walked to the cafeteria. "Sure.. You don't sit with a lot of people right?" He said in a unreadable voice. "Eheh.. No.. I usually sit by myself or one of my friends, I'm not really popular" you replied sheepishly. "Good" he said "I'm not much of a people person...large amounts of people make me uneasy." Piko said quietly. You smiled and walked into the cafeteria with Piko.

"Maybe that's why he went to this school... Maybe his old school was too crowded for him, either way...I think we may be good friends."