Dan vs childhood part 1

TW: violence, bullying, mentions of abusive parents, descriptions of wounds some self inflicted, talking about self harm and scars in a positive way and mentions of self harm
• You met Dan in an odd way, getting the shit kicked out of you by the same people at the same time isn't exactly what most people would call a "bonding moment" but for the two of you it was.
• You've never been able to fit in no matter how hard you tried, you did too much, you did too little so after years of trying everything you gave up. No matter what you did or changed about yourself either way you would end up being mocked so you started lashing out.You ran out of energy eventually all you could manage was hiding you're loneliness and frustration behind witty remarks and lewd jokes.
• The violence from students started in elementary but got worse as you aged, in junior high you got one of your worst beatings in a crummy bathroom, something about British people and cigarettes, you may have been shoved to the ground you know you broke more than one nose on the way down. "What a fucking weirdo, you think your big and bad just because you don't want to talk to us?" There wasn't really a way to tell who said it, they all sounded the same back then, squeaky voices, poor grammar. They usually looked the same too they all had mullets and poor hygiene.
•You registered his odd voice before you registered the kick to your stomach, "Don't you know you aren't supposed to skip class!" It was impressive, at first... You know he got to bite at least one of them before they threw him on top of you like an growling sack of potatoes, even winded you muster up the energy for a joke "you know if I knew you came here often I would have gotten the shit kicked out of me sooner."
• "Actually I do my best to avoid coming to this hellscape."  His voice was high pitched which was normal for our age but what made his voice odd was the gravel it had already. You could already tell he was a loud mother fucker.
• When the bell rang you knew you had one of two options, go to class never see your partner in pain ever again and probably end up with the school calling your parents or escape with your new "brother in arms" as he called it
• you decided that you had more luck with the kid who's obviously in a mental health crisis than in a class where the teachers turn a blind eye when it comes to you being the victim.
• You knew you'd get in a shit ton of trouble for it later but you decided skipping and licking your wounds privately was the best decision. You two walked (you limped and he shuffled) to a parking lot far enough you wouldn't get in trouble but close enough that you wouldn't have to walk too far since neither of you knew how to drive.
• You sat behind a rusted pickup truck that probably hasn't seen the road in years, if it ever had paint in it you can tell but you hope leaning against it won't give you an infection. You lift your shirt to look at the cuts and the bruises already forming on your stomach, you widen your eyes in surprise when the boy beside you points to one of your cuts and says "that's gonna scar nicely." You snicker and point to a cut on his face "so is that one!" You both chuckle a bit before you both seem to realize something. You don't know each others names, you both sit in silence before you speak up " I'd say fighting off a group and failing is a good enough reason to ask for your name" you smirk at the opening for a joke "I can give you a better reason if you want me to" you wink and sit silently watching him furrow his brow in curiosity and then break out in a blush "that's not necess-" he backs away slightly before you start laughing, he scoots closer again and sighs in relief. "I'm kidding don't worry, Just tell me if I make you uncomfortable I can stop." You say once you catch your breath "No I like it, it was just sudden that's all" he reply's if it weren't from the blush painting his pale cheeks and the tone of his voice you wouldn't be able to tell he wasn't upset with you from his facial expression.
• "I'm Y/n but some people call me Bubbles" you stick your hand out and feel a nervousness wash over you you never scar your wrist, in fact the only place you haven't scarred is your wrist, what makes you nervous is the area around your wrist, most of your hands, your hands are more scar tissue than smooth skin, but you feel his hand grab yours anyway albeit awkwardly "I'm Danny but call me Dan... if you ever call me Danny or Daniel and I'll punch you" you look down to where your hands are interlocked and notice his hands are in nearly the same state