I am your mom pt. 3 🌿 Peter Parker

Start from the beginning

'I always wanted to meet you but not under these circumstances...' she lets out an airy chuckle and you do the same. 'Yeah well, it seems to always work out this way...'

'It's nice to meet you anyway... gosh I have so many questions... but I won't bombard you with them now...'

'You can if you want... some questions i'd rather not answer but I'll do my best...' you suggest.

'Okay... then my first question... why us?' She asks. 'Why would you choose us?'

'I don't have family.. back then I didn't... the avengers are like family now... but back then, I was young and scared... his father, I found out you were his family... his real family... so I found information on you... I did some research.. found out where you lived and I escaped Hydras hold...'

'That must've been awful, leaving him like that...'

'It was... but I don't- I don't regret it. I mean.. he has had a better life than I could've provided for him.. he has his freedom, he has friends.. he got to go to school.. those are things I never had.. you gave him that... and I will be eternally grateful for that...'

'It's our pleasure... really... he's a good kid... heart of gold, he's kind.. smart...'

'Yeah I got to see that...' you smile as you spare him a glance. Your eyes move to your hand in his. You give it a soft squeeze.

'Why didn't you come for him sooner?' She asks and you tense up. You could've predicted such a question, but still it feels like you weren't ready to be asked that yet.

'I...' your mind fogs up with the memories. 'Hydra they- Hydra used to give me medicine... to be able to cope with the enhancement. Lights weren't so bright, sounds weren't so loud anymore when I took them... touch was something I could handle again... after I escaped, I found ways to numb them again... got addicted..'

'Ah... it's fine if you don't want to go on about it..' She stops you, she can see the conflict and pain in your features when you speak about this.

'I didn't want him to see his mother as a junky... as a weak shell of the person I used to be... after Tony found me... I tried to see him again, but I only got a glimpse, of him and his friends and I remember thinking... I will ruin his life if I step in... I didn't want to pull him away from the life he has...'

'I understand now...' May nods.

After that the conversation continues, it's mostly her asking questions at first, but then the stories of Peter come in to play. You listen to them with a huge smile on your face.

Peter is a funny little guy. The more you take from those stories, the more you see his father come through in them.

Despite what everyone may think about Richard, you like to remember his old self, the one that took care of you, even it was just to use you. He cared more about you than anybody else did. He joked with you, you shared a few good laughs. He wasn't all bad, there were some good moments.. but they usually get overshadowed by the bad.

'I wish it didn't have to be this way... that I could've raised him on my own, that I could've experienced all those important things..'

'He knows... we talked after he found out that you were actually his mom... he was angry for the most part... but he was also happy to know that his mom is a superhero like him... he rambled about maybe you teaching him some moves... then he returned to being angry...'

'Yeah... I tried to talk to him... we ended up arguing.. that is my biggest regret...'

'That he wouldn't listen to you? Y/n, Peter is a good kid but he can be stubborn... you'll get the chance, and after that talk... I'm sure he will be jumping up and down for you to teach him a few tricks...'

'I'd be happy to learn him everything I know... That would be my most important moment with him... first moment of many I hope...'

Peters lips form a small smile, undetected by his mother and aunt. He will annoy her to the brink about her teaching him everything. Ever since he saw her on TV and he found out he was the same, he'd wanted her to teach him.

But what makes it even better now, is that you're his mom. This superhero who turned out to be his cool mom. Who rescued him multiple times. Who did everything to protect him. If anything you're the best mom in the world, you took a bullet for him!

'I love you so much.. and I hope I can see you again... just know that mommy will always protect you okay? Even if you can't see me I will always be there'

You'd kept that promise... now it's time he made you one and keeps it.

•••

'Okay so... this guy and this woman, they're brother and sister right?'

Peter is making you watch Star Wars or something like that. You never heard of it before but he seems to love it. And since he was a good student in training, you'll give him this.

'Yeah, they're brother and sister...'

'And they just kissed to make that other guy Hans? No Han? Han- they kissed to make him jealous...' You comment confused and he nods.

'Yeah but they don't know that they're brother and sister yet.. they find out later though..' he stuffs his mouth with popcorn.

'That's... that's some Alabama shit...' Tony comments and you chuckle. 'Damn right..'

His arm around you tightens and you hum. Peter glances at you two and smiles. 'So Uhm... should I start calling you dad? Now that you're engaged to Y/n?'

Tony rolls his eyes. 'How many times are you going to make that joke, kid...'

'Many.. many times...' he chuckles and you bark out a laugh.

You and Peter share a look. You're glad you found your son again, and that you're able to laugh with him, to have a life with him in it.

And Peter is happy that he can spend time with his actual mother. That he can learn from her and teach her his hobby's and interests.

You're both still learning about each other, but it's the best kind of learning you've had your whole life.

You have your son back now. You're about to get married to the man you love. It's the family you always wanted.

And now you have it. Your greatest wish came true.

'Love you mom...' Peter mutters.

'Love you too kid...' you smile back.