| Chapter 10 | Eri's Friends |

Start from the beginning

|| 4:02 PM, in the hospital stairwell. ||

You had just went onto the rooftop once again, and now you were climbing down the stairs back to your room.

Yua suggested to use the elevators this time and you actually offered to try it, but after watching patients get in and out of it you decided that it freaked you out.

"You know, I'm proud of you Y/N. You're getting better each day." Yua said, looking down at you.

"Pr.. wha?"

"I'm s-sorry, what did you.. say?" You said, looking at the floor and feeling bad that you didn't understand.

"Ah? Oh, I said I'm proud of you." She said, waving to a different nurse helping a patient in a wheelchair down the hallway.

"Prou... P-Proudd.." You echoed. "What does that m-mean?"

Yua was surprised and sort of sad that you didn't know what that meant.

"Oh- well it's the opposite of the word disappointment. Do you know what that word means?"

You nodded.

Of course you knew what disappointment meant! Overhaul told you that you disappointed him all the time, after all.

Yua opened the door to your room, and you took the slippers off as per usual. Then, you sat down on your bed.

"W-Will uhm.. Eri..?" You asked.

Yua nodded. "Mhm! She'll probably come by in a few minutes. Don't worry."

And so, you waited for Eri as Yua left the room.

-

After a bit, the door slid open.

"Eri!"

You looked and saw..

well, definitely not Eri

...well, definitely not Eri.

"Wait. I feel like I've seen him. Is that.. Mr. Eraserhead? I think so. Atleast I know he doesn't actually have an eraser for a head, I guess.. Why does he look so tired?"

Luckily, Eri poked her head out from behind this guy named Eraserhead.

"Y/N?"

Your face lit up. "Eri! I'm so happy to s-see you!"
Eri ran towards you, and Eraserhead looked like he was about to fall asleep.

"Y/N! How are you? Are you better?"

Your mouth made an 'o' shape thinking about her question, then you answered. "Well, my b-bandages are gonna go away soon!"

Eri giggled, and hugged you. "Really? That's amazing!" You instantly hugged her back. "Y-Yeah, it is!"

"Y/N!" Eri stopped hugging you, "Did you get to smile yet?"