31. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔲𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Start from the beginning

Bradley's eyes widened as he turned back to Max hurriedly, "Max, get away from the door." He urged, his hand lowering and his powers ceasing momentarily in an attempt to not piss them off more than they already were and risk Max's safety.

"What?" The amber haired girl breathed out without turning her attention away from the door.

"Get away from the door!" Mike repeated in a urgent yell, his head snapping to face Max's turned back just as Billy's hand came shooting through the glass, Iris' pocket knife in hand.

Max shrieked, ducking to the side as Billy appeared in the window, an unbidden fury plastered on his face, "Lemme out, you bitch! Lemme out!" His words turned to a garbled mess as he slammed his fist against the outside of the door, angrily.

Bradley shoved Y/n behind him even more, pushing her to the back of the group and tightening his hold on her hand. He rose his hand back again, aiming his focus back on Billy and just as expected, a loud cry of pain burst from the man's lungs in response to the warmth inundating him.

Small sobs racking her body, Max returned to her feet, holding onto the wall as a heavy coil tightened around her heart and throat at the sight. She rushed back into the group on her friends worried requests.

The lights flickered above them all causing quiet gasps to echo through the group and once again, the pained sounds of Iris and Billy were heard once again as Billy disappeared inside the room.

A roar was heard echoing throughout the sauna room and everyone snapped their attention back to the source of the noise, El and Bradley in the front of the group. The two met eyes before nodding and turning back to the sauna room as the lights continued to flash above them.

Two bodies came pummeling into the door and El and Bradley rose their hands up, pushing everyone behind them in near sync.

The chains rattled against their weight as once again, Iris and Billy slammed themselves into the door.

Y/n clung tighter to Brad's hand as he would repeatedly look back at her to make sure she wasn't getting any closer to the door.

"They can't get out, can they?" Max asked through the anxious coil around her throat.

"No way. No. Way." Lucas shook his head, the tremor in his voice betraying his admittedly overconfident words.

Just as Lucas' words dissipated into the air, the chains snapped around the weight of the door and the door flew open, Iris and Billy tumbling to the ground just to roll back to their feet in sync.

While Billy's eyes latched onto El's, Iris scanned the group before her eyes met with the fearful eyes of Y/n. Bradley pushed her more behind him, a reluctant look in his eyes as he caught on to Iris' intentions.

Eleven rose her hand, a weight from beside the group floating with the motions of her hand before she chucked it towards the two.

Iris ducked under the weight while Billy grabbed onto the bar with a scream, his body flying into a wall. The blonde haired girl took advantage of the eyes on Billy and she bolted closer to Bradley and Y/n.

Y/n felt herself being pushed backwards into Lucas and Max while Brad lifted up a hand to shield any of the three from coming closer. "Wait, Brad-" She started, cutting herself off as Bradley sent her a look over his shoulder, begging her to stay out of this as to not risk her safety.