27. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔰 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Uhhh, here have this really short chapter because I desperately want to publish something and I have absolutely no motivation to do so.

This doesn't really follow much of the storyline of Stranger Things and there isn't any Bradley x Y/n content but it's all important.

I hope you enjoy and I'm so sorry for the wait on this chapter, I've literally had no motivation to write at all but I'm trying to get back on a good schedule.

The Lab.

It had all been drawn out before Bradley's very eyes.

The room that Brad had spent most of his time aside from his 'bedroom' surrounded him.

Scientists were strewn about behind the glass window of the room, staring at him like he had been an animal locked up in a zoo. They had all been writing things down on sheets of paper, analyzing his every movement.

Even when he didn't move, they always seemed to find something to write on him.

He was backed into a corner, darkness surrounding him and enveloping him.

His breath hitched, eyes widening at the sight before him, "This isn't real..." He mumbled out, shakily. He shook his head back and forth, fighting back the burning in his eyes, the aching that seared behind them.

"Of course it is, Ten."

A familiar voice spoke up from the other side of the room, from the dark side of the room and Bradley snapped his head to face the source of the voice, his eyes blowing wide and a loss of words hitting him. He swallowed down hard as the familiar man took a step towards him.

Papa.

Tears burned brighter in his ocean blue eyes, threatening to trickle down from them yet he did all that he could do to force them back.

Brad knew that all Brenner wanted was to see him weak, to see him submit to his every wish simply because he couldn't possibly fight back and he wouldn't give in.

"It's always been real. You've never left." Bradley whimpered a bit as he took another step towards him, "I never thought you'd make it this far... at least without realizing the truth." His dry voice sent chills crawling his spine. His lips curled into a smile, but not one with even the slightest trace of a threat, it almost looked sweet, kind, even a little bit warm.

It was a mask though, a mask that he had an exceptional talent in using to get his every desire.

A mask that lure unsuspecting families into his trust, a mask that could fool the world into giving away their faith.